Friday, January 11, 2013

Strut Your Stuff

Hi everyone! Happy Friday to us all! I have a cute card to share with you today and I had so much fun color it! this is one of the newest images by Lynne Stansbery. It was just release last weekend. It's called Strut Your Stuff, and I think it's just about the cutest image ever.



I used Copic markers to color it.  I did some of my usual crooked stitching around the edge and I'm wishing now I'd left that off!  I just need to practice on scrap papers and quit doing it on my cards until I can stitch straight!

I wanted the black ruffles to still look ruffley after coloring them in black, so I used a clear glitter pen to trace over the ruffles and I really like how it turned out.  Even better than I expected!  I also used the pen on the necklace  The sentiment comes with the image and there's another one as well!

You still have time to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge!

9 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) and FLD Creative Designer said...

i really need to get over to SF and check out all the new stuff. it's been awhile. smack me - LOL.

this is super, super fabulous! love the image and your colors are perfect.

i DID post on pinterest. figured... this is a REAL PEOPLE room and not MAGAZINE. yep. i was that brave - LOL.

and you know i'd be happy to come and organize you.

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Adorable, absolutely adorable! Love, love the super cute image, reminds me of some little girls I know!

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, this is just adorable. I love the pink and black with the glitter.

Becky said...

This is adorable Holly. You did a great job on the ruffles and pearls.

Linda W. said...

Just beautiful - I too love that image! You really made her skin look soft and touchable! Beautiful!

bumblebee creations said...

I love this new image-gotta run over to the store and get her for myself! I think your stitching is awesome-my stitching is never straight either
(but I think it adds character)!!!
Have a great day, Holly! and give those pups a pat for me-ok?

Shawna said...

Oh yeah, this is ADORABLE!!!

Carol said...

Holly I just love this card. Love pink and black together! Hope all is well with you. Carol

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this is gorgeous Holly!! LOVE your color choices and what a fun image that is!! TOO CUTE!! :) HUGS