Thursday, January 17, 2013

Teaparty In the Garden

Hi everyone! I thought we were going to be lucky enough to get another round of snow Tuesday, but it turned out to only be a dusting. It was still enough to let me go into work late yesterday morning so I spent some extra time with the dogs in the field next to our house before going to work. They love the cold as much as I do. Of course it would have been a lot more fun if we could have built a snowman!

 Tuesday was the Teaprty challenge at Splitcoast stameprs. Our cards are to have gardens on them and they are going to a lady who was on a spur of the moment vacation in New York with her husband when he suddenly suffered a heart attack and died. I just can't imagine being in a strange place all on your own with such heartache!

 Anyway, I used Diana Garrison's wonderfully whimsical Garden Party image available at Squigglefly for my card. the sentiment is from another of Diana's images called Daisy Pops.



I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky. I then used a punch I've had for a while and never used to make the grass. I punched it out of some designer paper.  I added a little bit of glitter to some of the flowers just for sparkle.

The edges are border punches that I punched and then attached to the card.  I kind of like the punches in the same color as the card.  My card has already gone in the mail to this woman, and I hope she gets a mailbox full of cards and loves them all!

Have a terrific Thursday!

4 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

This is gorgeous Holly! Your coloring always amazes me as does your chalking!! Hope you have a great Thursday as well!

Tammy said...

Oh how sad for the lady, but your sweet card will surely make her smile! Love how you edged both sides!

Cheryl First said...

This is so pretty! It makes me long for spring, and sunshine! :0) I am tired of the grey, dreary winter days where I am, and this was a great pick-me-up! So glad I stopped by! Thanks for having stopped at my blog post today, too! Happy Crafting!
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

Becky Sorensen said...

Very cute card!