Saturday, January 5, 2013

Thanks Snow Much

Hi everyone!  Today is another fabulous new release of images at Squigglefly!  There is some wonderful new art that you just have to go see!

The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge was Snow People and I had the perfect snowman drawn by Cheryl Alger.  All of Cheryl's snowmen are cute, but this Catching Snow one is my favorite.  He just looks so  doggone happy, and I like that you can make his hands be juggling snowballs in the air!


I colored him with copic markers and chalked the blue in the background.  Then I went to town making snowflakes!  I used dots of white gesso and dots of liquid applique that I then puffed up.  I think the flat dots and the puffed up dots make it look more dimensional.  The sentiment was computer generated.

I am off to do my grocery shopping and then I'm coming home and locking myself in my craft room to make cards!  I may even give my fixed sewing machine a spin and sew on some of them!  I hope you get to spend your weekend having some fun too!  See you on Monday when Squigglefly's blog challenges start back up!
Yay!



7 comments:

Carolyn Cochran said...

Love it Holly! I think I have this paper lol! Gonna have to give it a try for snowflakes~never thought of that! LOVE the snowballs you made!
Carolyn

Lisa M said...

Holly your card just makes me happy! That image is adorable and the fluffy snow...AWESOME!!!
Have a terrific weekend locked in your craft room. :D
hugs,
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

I always love your cards. This is so cute, I love the layout and design of it all.
Lillian

Becky said...

WAy to cute..Have fun locked up :)

Tammy said...

Except for the grocery shopping, sounds like a great day! Wonderful card, love his bright red jacket!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, I love this snowman and you have colored it wonderfully.

Sassy Cheryl said...

SUper-d-dooper adorable! LOVE IT! Just loving that snow at the bottom of his boots! Too stinkin' cute!