Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The card I forgot!

Hello everyone!  Here's a card I made before Christmas and forgot to share on my blog. It uses an image drawn by artist Fawn Palmer called A Sleepy Gift.  It comes with a sentiment that I used on the inside of the card.


I colored it with Copic markers and added some silver embossing to the ribbon on the package to match the ribbon I used on the card.

My husband's knee has been hurting him for a while now.  He said it felt just like the time he had a torn meniscus in his other knee several years ago.  He finally went to the doctor after hobbling around for weeks and found that it is simply arthritis.  The doctor said it had a lot of fluid in it and he drained about 30 cc's off of it, gave him a shot of steroids, and some pain killers.  But of course, he hasn't taken it easy on his knee since he got back from the doctor!  He's been out cutting up the trees and limbs from the snow and ice and dragging them out to the curb.

Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh such a sweet card and what a great twist matching the image ribbon with the true ribbon! Great idea Holly! Kudos to your hubby - ask him if he wants to have surgery. ;) Some men never slow down tho - I got one of those too!

wannabcre8tive said...

Such a cute image and you have colored it wonderfully. Hope your husbands knee gets better even if he is not taking care of it like he should. That is just a man thing.

Tammy said...

Fabulous card, love how you used matching ribbon! Hope you husband is not making his knee worse!

Loster said...

Really cute card! I know what it's like to have a hubby that won't stop even when he's hurting - I feel sorry for both of you. Keep the heating pads handy!