Thursday, January 24, 2013

Valentine Tree

Hi everyone! Today I have a valentine card to share that uses an older Squigglefly image, but it's one I really love. It's by Rich Davis and is called Heart Tree


I used Copic markers to color the tree and grass.  The sky is chalked and then I used a clear glitter pen on the little hearts.    I computer generated the sentiment and then stitched around the white layer.  The top part of the card is embossed with a die.

Riley seems to have made a full recovery from her encounter with the squirrel.  I think she has converted Baxter into a squirrel hunter too!  Poor squirrels don't stand a chance!

Tomorrow I'll have a card that shows you one of the new images coming to Squigglefly on February 2nd.  We also have a new artist making her debut then!  

3 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh trees are special to me Holly - love this card! And the sentiment is super special!

Tammy said...

Love the wonderful details of the tree! Great card for Valentine's Day! Glad to hear Riley's okay after the squirrel bite!

bumblebee creations said...

love this image and your background is Fabulous!!