Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Bunch Of Daisies!

hi everyone!  Happy Valentines Day!  I hope you are able to spend this day with the one you love above all else!

Do you remember this card I made with the Big Bloom image by Jane Beljo not long ago?  Well, I thought it was the perfect card to make more of for all of the birthdays I have coming up this month.  I printed the image on to kraft card stock and made up several.



Each one is a little different, but all of them feature the daisy printed on kraft and colored with a white colored pencil.  All of the sentiments were computer generated.   Here are close ups of each one

 this one is same as the first as far as the lay out goes.


this one I just angled the images and put them on the side of the card


Same as the first, but I added a scored line and a pierced scalloped border


this one has the image angled and I have a punched scallop border and embossed dots in each scallop


This last one is the same as the last only minus the border.

This whole idea really helped me get a leg up on some of the birthday cards I was behind on this month!  All except the last one have brown liquid applique puffed up in the centers of the flowers.

Thanks for the well wishes to my husband on his knee surgery.  My bruise is playing second fiddle to his knee, but it's finally starting to feel a little better.  I can sit without wincing now!

10 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, I love the cards and that is a great idea to make all for the month the same. I am really liking the triangles.

wannabcre8tive said...

Ooops. I am awake now, I meant diamonds.

bumblebee creations said...

I love these Holly. Love how you made them all different

Elaine M said...

Wonderful cards and I really like the look of the sentiment. Could we purchase it from you?????

Tammy said...

Wow, Holly, each card is terrific! Love how you did a little something different on each one! Glad to hear you are both feeling better! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your hubby!

Lisa M said...

Seize the daisy..LOL..I like that!! Holly these are really the best of the best and how you created such a versatile set with the CAS design is PERFECT.
Glad all are recovering nicely at your house too.
hugs to you,
Lisa x

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Super sweet. Love the white colored pencil on Kraft. I have to try that! :-)

Shawna said...

Oh, I must have missed the bruise story....but glad it's getting better!!! Love kraft for cards and these are super Holly!!!

nwilliams6 said...

These are fantastic! I love them and you did such a super job on the layout! Wow! Hugz!

Reflections from Granny said...

I'm a huge daisy fan and these are gorgeous!!! Hugs, Lori m