Thursday, February 21, 2013

Love Is...

Hi everyone! Well, they say things happen in threes and the third thing has happened to both me and my husband. First there was Brock's knee, then his virus, and now he's got a toothache! Poor man - I highly doubt he can take much more.

 With me it was my fall and the bad bruise, then the shingles, and now I've got a really bad outbreak of fever blisters on my lip! Hopefully we will get over these and there won't be any more surprises for a while! We got a little bit of sleet yesterday which was nice because I enjoy winter sticking around as long as it can. It didn't ice up and make all of the trees break or make our power go out which was also nice! Last year at this time it was already so warm, so it's nice to have a real winter this time around!

The other day Brock was laying on the floor to do his knee exercises and when he stopped to rest his leg, both the dogs came up to him and cuddled.  It was so cute I had to snap a picture



 So the card I've got today is very appropriate after that.  It uses one of the newest images at Squigglefly. It's drawn by Lynne Stansbery and is such a sweet image. It's called Warm Feet Means Warm Dog and I so enjoyed coloring it. It comes with the sentiment too.  I used to have a little red dachshund who wold sleep with me, and this reminded me of her.



I colored the image with Copic markers and used a scalloped circle die to clip the corners.  I did the same thing to the sentiment panel.  The card base is embossed with a Darice embossing folder of paw prints.  Two little blue rain dots anchor the sentiment.

I hope you have a great Thursday!

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Cute image! Love the embossed background and of course your coloring-----perfect as always. So sorry about all the troubles you two are having. Hang in there! This too, shall pass.

Shawna said...

Cute image! Love the embossed background and your coloring----perfect as always. Sorry about you guys troubles. Hang in there! This, too, shall pass.

Maria A. said...

First of all, I'm sending TONS of healing~~~~~~~~~~for you and your husband, I hope you both get well soon!!
Now, about this amazing card.....I absolutely love it!! everything about it speaks loudly about the picture of your poor, sick hubby and your dogs. One of the most endearing qualities of dogs is that they don't care if you are sick, they don't care how you look when you are sick.....they just love you, no matter what!!
This image is one of the most wonderful I've seen.
Thank you for sharing.

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute. I just love this image.

Bibi said...

What a cute card, Holly! I love that image and the sentiment :-) Clever way of using the scallop circle die. TFS!

AmyF said...

Awww, that is darling! Love the quote, too.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

So sorry to hear about the run of bad luck you and Brock have been experiencing. I truly hope things get better quickly. Love the photo of Brock and the pups, too cute! And I love your card, very appropriate. Please take care of yourselves.

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Poor dears, hope the toothache and fever blisters end the run of bad luck! Fun picture, I'm surprised they waited until he was done to snuggle up! Your card is just so beautiful and heartwarming! Love the embossing folder!

bumblebee creations said...

oh how cute is that photo?!!! So glad to see how it has all turned out, and how close you all are!! Glad you have your three things all out the way--you should be good for a long time now-right?!! Love your card!!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Aww, hope everyone gets better soon. The pic of your dogs and your hubby is too cute and what a perfect card to go with that picture!! Hugs:)