Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Purple tulips

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going great. Brock's knee recovery is going well, although if he keeps pushing himself too much he's going to be sorry! I caught him walking down and back up our steep driveway yesterday and he also decided it was a good time to put four bags of mulch in the flower bed! I swear he needs a babysitter sometimes.  Now he's caught some kind of virus and has an ear infection.  He's on antibiotics and antihistamines.

 Last week my car's door handle broke on the driver's side and the only way I could get out of the car was to roll the window down and open it from the outside. Luckily it was not an expensive repair job and I only had to drive Brock's truck to work one day! My bruise from my fall is almost completely gone, but now I've got shingles on the back of my leg right behind the knee! I swear it's better than the bruise was though! Maybe I should get that new shingles vaccine they've got out since this is my second time to have shingles.

 Yesterday was the teaparty, and you saw the card I made for it but here is a card I made before making the other one. She said she liked tulips too, and I've always loved the Retro Tulips image from Squigglefly so I used that.


I used Copic markers to color the image and notched the corners with a punch.  The black paper behind it is a some I received from former Squigglefly design team member Terri Fleming.  The little flowers at the bottom are embossed and lets the purple under color show through.   This piece is what inspired my color choice for the tulips.

I wish you all a happy hump day!  There's still plenty of time to join in Squigglefly's Sentimental challenge!

6 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

Beautiful, love that shade you used and the digi is amazing.

Hugs, Lori m

bumblebee creations said...

I love this card Holly---I have an idea for those tulips--off to get them now!

Shawna said...

Shingles! You poor thing! Unfortunately they won't give you the shingles vaccine until your sixty, so I hope it goes away quickly. Sorry for the rough week, hope it gets better SOON. LOVE, the textured card stock you used for your cute card.

Tammy said...

Wow, shingles twice? I didn't talk to the doctor about the vaccine! Hope you don't suffer with them. Beautiful card and wonderful coloring! Love the purple!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Beautiful and elegantk card! I'm glad you got your car fixed! My sister is just recovering from shingles all over her back - she said it was quite painful. I told her to get a shot - as it couldn't hurt and might help prevent any further, or, at least minimize it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Holly. Very pretty purple flowers and ribbon. I am happy that you could use the C'ordinations paper.

I am sorry for the fall and the shingles. I am so sorry to tell you that the vaccine is to prevent getting them. Once you have had them it is too late. I think you can ask for some newer meds that lessen the outbreak though.

Terri / Brat

I NEED to get my vaccine!