Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tea and Roses

Hi everyone! How was your Monday? Schools were out here for parent teacher conferences and my boss's six year old daughter came over to my office right after lunch to play house. It was the most exhausting four hours of play time! She likes to be a baby and pretend I'm her mother. She talks baby talk and pretends she can't walk. The baby talk is the most grating thing! She does come up with some funny ideas though, and I know she will be grown up before I know it so I try to enjoy these times.

 It's Tuesday, so that means that it's a day for a tea party! This week we are all making cards with roses to send to a lady who is having problems with an infection in a hip replacement. The doctors had to remove the artificial hip and are trying to get the infection cleared up. If they can't, she is facing having her leg amputated at the hip. She loves roses, so that's what we're all bringing to the tea party! I thought the Tea Roses image by Marla Shega was the perfect image as it features roses as well as a tea cup for the tea party!



I colored the image with copic markers.  The sentiment is from the I Miss You image by Lynne Stansbery.   The Squigglefly challenge this week is to use a sentiment, so I'm entering this card in to that challenge.  The design team made so many wonderful cards that will inspire you to play too.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful card! The roses look real!

Shawna said...

I love this image and you did such a nice job with it ---- I love all that PINK!!!

Linda W. said...

One of my favorites too - thanks for reviving it. Beautiful work Holly!

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love this stamp.

bumblebee creations said...

ohhhhh....how pretty Holly!! Love the softness of it!

*Vicki* said...

Holly, this is gorgeous my friend!! Love the Vintage design! :) HUGS

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Absolutely gorgeous and so elegant! Your coloring is wonderful!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

So lovely. The tea cup & roses look real! Happy Tuesday. :-D