Friday, February 1, 2013

The Future

Hi everyone! Happy Friday and happy February! January really went by in a wink, didn't it?

Before I get to my card today I have to tell you something my husband did for me last night that I thought was so sweet!  The last few nights when we were eating dinner he would offer to make me a milk shake for dessert.  Well, by the time I finish dinner I'm too full for a milk shake, and waiting until later never happens because I get sleepy and go to bed.  (We eat late dinners!)

anyway, yesterday I get home from work and he tells me "We never have time for dessert, so how about tonight you eat dessert FOR dinner?  and he had gone to the store and bought my favorite things to flavor the milk shake - heath bars and malt!  Now how sweet is that?

So when dinner time rolled around, he fixed me this



I couldn't help but laugh, I mean is that sugar overload or what?!  Still it was so thoughtful and sweet how he the thought of my favorite things.  sorry ladies, I'm keeping him!

 Today I have a card I did purely for relaxation and fun.  I was reading a bunch of political stuff and it made me fear for our country's future. to relax myself and get my mind off of it all I went to make some cards. this is the result!



I used the Shady Lady image from Squigglefly, and of course the sentiment is computer generated. It's a twist on the old "my future's so bright I gotta wear shades" song by Timbuk3. I colored with Copic markers, cut her out and plopped her on some paper that matches her dress.  I hope you find some humor in it!

Tomorrow is the new release of images at Squigglefly.  Be sure to take some time to come see - remember we are welcoming a new artist this month!  Gayle Seech has some fabulous artwork that I know you will adore.

7 comments:

Maria A. said...

That is indeed sweet, in every sense of the word!!!!! and I bet it was delicious too. Love that card, the future can be a bit scary but, like they say: "Life may not always be the party we hoped for but, while we're here, we might as well dance".
Maria.

Lenoria said...

HI Holly,
I love your card and it states how I feel a lot lately! Thanks for the laugh - and I think your husband is so "sweet" to fix you dinner.

Linda W. said...

How AWESOMELY sweet! Wow, i couldn't have slept after that sugar overload! Your hubbie is a keeper for sure.

Now I really like the theme of your card Holly - isn't it pathetic that our government fails to really get along enuf to help its "people" live a decent life. It bothers me too for my children/grandchildren and great grands!

Tammy said...

Hmmm, yummy! Lucky you! Sweet card, love the twist on the sentiment!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card, I have always loved this humorous image.

That was so sweet of your hubby to be so thoughtful.

Reflections from Granny said...

Very sweet hubby and I like his idea of dinner. Really cute card too.

Hugs, Lori m

Shawna said...

Aw, that truly is sweet on all accounts!