Monday, February 25, 2013

Tossing Hearts

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend was a good one. I got a lot done. Saturday I worked like a mad woman getting everything that needed to be done, done so that I would have Sunday free to do what I wanted. Sunday I got up and played with the dogs outside for a while and then came in to make some cards. I browsed some challenges and had a plan in mind. I went to print out the images I'd need and my printer wouldn't work! I kept getting a message that the printer cartridge wasn't compatible. So I go on line to see how to fix it and let's just say that over three hours later I still did not have a working printer. I finally tossed it.

 Needless to say I did not get all of the cards made that I wanted to. Something about trying to get a printer working again zaps your creativity. Plus, I still have two un-opened ink cartridges that I want credit for! I called HP to see about getting credit and the guy kept trying to get me to get a new printer. Finally he did give me an e mail address where I have sent an e mail requesting credit for these cartridges. Ink is too expensive, and I do want my credit!

 Here's a card I made last week. I made this for my boss's daughter's birthday. She is now seven years old, and she informs me that "seven is awesome!"



The image is one by Cheryl Alger called Juggling Hearts Bear.  I colored the image with Copic markers and used some white gesso to make the white dots on the card stock and ribbon.  I did chalk blue on the sky, but it looks washed out in the photo.

There's a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog today.   We are welcoming a new design team member this week.  Lisa Minckler had to leave, and we are so happy to have Darlene Pavlick taking her spot!  I hope you'll stop by to see what the team has done, and play along with us!

Have a wonderful Monday!

8 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness is this ever the cutest card! It really amazes me , for how long I have been with SF that there are always images I haven't seen, or have forgotten about--I love this image!! Sorry to hear about your printer!!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute. I love this image, it always makes me smile. The red and black really make a beautiful background for your wonderfully colored image.

Shawna said...

Bummer about the printer ---- you guys have had enough problems lately ;( time Murphy to move elsewhere (just don't send him here!! LOL) Love this card. Your coloring is superb and how very clever to use Gesso for your dots!!!

Linda W. said...

I love it Holly! What a grand idea with the gesso and the white dots! You are always inspiration to me!

Niki said...

Cute card, love the expression on the bear's face.

9" of snow at our place over the weekend. Cold today, and more snow forecast for tomorrow. It's still winter in Colorado!

Lenoria said...

This is a super cute card! Printer ink is WAY to expensive to not be able to use! Hope you get it resolved and are able to print soon.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!

I need to look into gesso. I need to know how you pronounce it. Is it g like green or g like gem?

I hope you get a fabulous new printer. I have fantasized using copiers and printers for target practice in the past!

Brat/Terri

nwilliams6 said...

What a cute card! Great image and colors - has so much energy. So this is how you will cheer when you get that refund - LOL! Darling card - good luck! Hugz!