Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Who Loves Ya

Well I said I got all of my valentine cards in the mail, but that doesn't mean I've shown you all of them! Here's one I made with A Winter Owl by Fawn Palmer




He's colored with Copic markers and though it's hard to tell in the photo, I did chalk the sky with some blue.  The sentiment was computer generated.  I used the last piece of handmade paper I won a while back - I love the texture in it.  It's strips of phone books that have melted wax on them and they are sewn down with black thread.  I may have to try my hand at making some paper like that sometime when I have some time!  LOL!

Have a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

Lisa M said...

I am so glad you shared the technique on your background paper..that is GORGEOUS!!! I've been desperately searching bloggy land for inspiration and I found it. Hope you don't mind if I use that! I'll link back to your blog. :) Gorgeous card Holly and love Fawn's image and your sentiment.

Lenoria said...

The background paper is gorgeous but I know that I would never ever try to make something like that! I love your little sexy owl with that come hither look - and your sentiment is perfect with the image!! I am sitting here laughing because I can just imagine his eyebrow (if he had one) moving up and down.

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the image and sassy sentiment!

bumblebee creations said...

I am so loving that background paper--so perfect with this wise owl!! I wish I had time to make all sorts of crafty things...but just trying to make a few cards every now and then is all I can seem to handle!

Becky said...

This is so cute! Love how you did the background and that owl looks warm and toasty with his hat and scarf.