Wednesday, February 13, 2013

With Love On Your Birthday

Hi everyone! Yesterday my husband had his knee surgery for the torn meniscus. He did just fine and now just has to exercise his leg and use crutches for a few weeks. I'm so glad that he will finally be rid of the pain that's been bothering him for so long.

 One of Squigglefly's design team leaders, Rhonda had a birthday on Monday and this is the card I made for her.

It is one of Cheryl Alger's images called Sassy Sally's Heart Balloon. Of course it would be perfect for valentine's day, but I think it's a great all around image to send to anyone to let them know you're thinking of them. I colored the image with copic markers and paper pieced the dress and the balloon.  I also added little black dots to the red heart brad to match everything.    If I had only chosen pink instead of red I could enter this in Squigglefly's challenge this week!  Since there was no winner last week, this week's winner will get to choose two images!  Why don't you go play?


4 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
So very cute - this will deliver a smile to the birthday person!!

bumblebee creations said...

I loved my card Holly!! It is always so fun to get a card from you, they are always amazing! Thanks you so much for thinking of me--you are too sweet! Hope your hubby heals quickly--and give those pups an extra run around the yard for me!! :)

Tammy said...

Ahh, precious card! Love how the balloon, dress and background match! Hope hubby has a speedy recovery!

nwilliams6 said...

You have done a great job with birthday cards lately! I adore this image. I almost want to stay away from your blog because when I come here, I have to add a bunch more things to my wish list - LOL! Hugz!