Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Simple Birthday Card

Hi everyone!  Did you have a good Monday?  Mine was pretty slow.  I spent a lot of time going over records in a data base that was really hurting my eyes!  One thing that was a treat for my eyes was all the cards the design team made for the latest Squigglefly challenge!  There are some fabulous cards there!

Here's a card I made with Diane Garrison's Art Deco Bird over the weekend.  I just loved using these colors.  It was a fun card to make for no reason.  I will be sending it to a friend of mine for her birthday and I know she will love it.  


  
 

Don't you love the look on the bird's face?  She looks so proud of herself!  The ribbon is some that I cut in half to actually use, but the color was perfect so I couldn't resist using it.  i am inspired to use ribbon in a different way other than tying it in a bow though after seeing the Squigglefly challenge!  Hopefully I'll have a card for that challenge to share with you soon.

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog!

7 comments:

Lisa M said...

The combination of these colors ARE amazing! Your friend will love this card and you're right, the face on that bird is wonderful! :)

Reflections from Granny said...

Gorgeous, I love these colors and your punched border is fantastic.

Hugs, Lori m

Reflections from Granny said...

Gorgeous, I love these colors and your punched border is fantastic.

Hugs, Lori m

Linda W. said...

Your card is just beautiful - I just adore that bird's pride!! WOO HOO! And your ribbon color indeed is just perfect Holly!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous! Love the wonderful shades of pink and rose you used! The bird's face makes one smile!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! I saw this image when I was shopping around at Squigglefly yesterday, and loved it. So nice to see it colored up so beautifully. I've seen many of your cards over there and they always catch my eye. You do beautiful work, and what fun images you have to play with! Holly, it was nice of you to visit my blog. Thank you!

nwilliams6 said...

I love these colors - so vibrant and pretty! Hugz!