Monday, March 4, 2013

Birthday Flowers

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good. It helped to have a half day off on Friday too! We took the dogs out to the park and they had a blast. It didn't take long for Riley to find a log to dig in and chew on. She was so insistent that something was in there that she wouldn't be pulled away, so I left her and Brock there so Baxter and I could walk. We walked a great path and had the whole woods to ourselves. At some point we heard Riley barking like crazy so I assumed she had finally scared something out of that log. Baxter was walking off leash with me, and doing really well staying by me. He would get about 7 or 8 feet ahead of me and then stop to turn and look to make sure I was coming. I was really impressed with him. Then a herd of deer ran across the path ahead of us and he ran off after them! It surprised me that he would do that since he's so scared of everything and never cares a thing about chasing squirrels in our yard. He got quite a distance from me and I was worried he'd get lost, but he finally did turn and come back to me. After that I leashed him up!  When we caught back up to Brock and Riley we discovered that it had been a squirrel in the log. We came home with two tired and somewhat dirty dogs.

 I want to remind you about the great deal at Squigglefly this month. Save 15% by using the code spring15! Also a brand new challenge starts on the blog today, so be sure to come see what Rhonda's Rascals are up to!

 I worked on a few birthday cards this weekend. This one uses the Summer Sweet Daisies image by Lynne Stansbery.



I used Copic markers to color the image, and then chalked around the background some.  The sentiment was computer generated.  I used a corner die to cut the fancy corner decorations.  A fairly simple card,  and one more birthday card added to my stash!  I do like the yellow and pink together.

Enjoy your day, and I'll see you all tomorrow!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh goodness Holly, your card is exquisite! The bouquet of flowers are colored to perfection! Wonderful card! Just about the time we know our pups, they change!

Shawna said...

This image is one of my very favorites and you did a beautiful job with it. Love the addition of the little corner embellies.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my...your coloring is just beautiful and perfect!! I love the colors you went with! Those pups sure are ambitious!! Glad to hear you are all having such great times together!

nwilliams6 said...

I almost bought that image this weekend and now I wish I had. Lovely colors on this - bright and cheerful - perfect for a birthday. Hugz!

Stef H said...

beautiful, as always!

been thinking of you. hope all is well. we're in the heart of winter here... 6-9 inches of snow expected tomorrow. come on up - LOL.

hugs :)

Chris said...

This is gorgeous. So cheerful. Love the paper.