Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Birthday Message

Hi everyone! I was in such a hurry yesterday to get my post up that I forgot to tell you all what I did on Friday night! I babysat for my best friend's little 1 1/2 year old grandson. He was a little doll, and we had a good time. I was a little worried because he doesn't know me that well, but he did really good. We sang songs, read books, played with a few of his toys, and his most favorite thing of all was pretending to talk on the phone and then exchanging phones.

 One really sweet thing he did when I tried to get him to lay down and go to sleep - he saw a picture of his mom holding him when he was a newborn. He looked at the picture and said "mama" like he was going to start crying for her, so I picked the picture up and said "yes, that's your mama and that's Aiden when he was a little baby." Then I propped the picture up by him in the bed and said "Mama can lay down here with you." He just stared at that picture like he was a love lost teenager and then he said "night night mama" and he blew her a kiss. Isn't that just so sweet? he melted my heart. A little one will wear you out though!

 Today's card was made with a new image from Diane Carubia. It's called A Message From Mouse, and I think it's such a cute image.



I used Copic markers to color the image and chalked some yellow in the background.  The sentiment was computer generated.  I could enter this in Squigglefly's Spring theme challenge because I think those are spring type flowers, but I am still planning on making another card for that!  I hope you will play along with us too.

Have a great day!


8 comments:

Tammy said...

Aw, how sweet of the baby and what a clever idea to put the picture where he could see it! Love your cute card, such a sweet image!

Linda W. said...

Oh that is so sweet of a story Holly! Marvelous idea about mama and Aiden's card. Yepper that little boy is a charmer for sure! Love your card too!

Dixieglitzie said...

ohhhhhhh how that little guy has stolen my heart....just precious!
...and your card is just as sweet:)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Such a sweet sweet card! (and you sound like the world's best babysitter. Cuteness.) :-D

nwilliams6 said...

Very sweet story - little ones melt your heart! This cute little image will melt a heart as well - wonderful coloring and great HB card. Hugz!

Becky said...

What a sweet story Holly. Children are so precious.
What an adorable image you used today, so cute and colored beautifully.

Reflections from Granny said...

This is the cutest little mouse I've ever seen. Pretty flowers and the whole card layout is awesome.

Hugs, Lori m

Di said...

Beautiful card Holly thanks so much!
i wish my kids would have gone to sleep that easily!!lol!
so cute!
Hugs Di xx