Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pop Up Gift

Hi everyone! Have the spring time allergies gotten you yet? I know a lot of people who are suffering through that or a late blooming flu. Luckily I have been spared!

Last week my boss's daughter had a birthday and of course I made her a card. She is a big reader, so I know that giving her a gift card to a book store is always a good bet. I wanted the card to be presented in a fun way, so I made her a card that opens by removing a belly band and then pops up the gift card. Here is a look at the closed card


The image is a new one at Squigglefly from artist Cheryl Alger.  It's called Avery Celebrates With Cake.  I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked some yellow around the background.  I added some stickles to the candle flame and used liquid applique for the cupcake frosting.  When you slide the belly band off it opens up to this


The sentiment is also from Squigglefly and is called Birthday Special.    the little flap on the right side is what holds the gift card.  She enjoyed her card and her gift.  I followed directions from Gina K to make this holder, and if you want to make one you can see the video HERE.

Well, that's it from me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

Judy said...

Awww,

This is so so pretty! Love the softness to your coloring, and the adorable design.

xo

Lisa M said...

Ohhh I have to get that image!! Your coloring is beautiful and the cupcake looks so real. Love the icing!
Terrific fold on your card too. :)

Lisa M said...

Got it!!! And another one too...so cute :)

Tammy said...

Precious card and so clever! Love the pretty soft colors you used and the paper is gorgeous!

bumblebee creations said...

so cute Holly-I am sure she will love it!

Faith A said...

I love Cheryl's images and you have done her proud, this is lovely, so is the idea of the gift card inside.