Monday, March 18, 2013

Stupid Rabbit

Hi everyone! I know it's been a long time since I've posted. There have been so many things going on. First of all my husband surprised me with a new monitor/tv. The thing is huge and is taking some getting used to! When he was getting everything put together to surprise me, there was something going on with the cable box so he had to order a new box and it took us off line for a couple of days. Then I came in to make a card and realized that my craft room was in such a mess I couldn't think much less make a card, so I've spent the last few days cleaning and organizing my room. I also went through all of my pens and ordered refills for those that are dried out! I'm still waiting on the refills to arrive. It will be nice to have juicy pens and in all the colors because I've been without some of those colors for a while now.

 Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog. It's called "Face the Music" and you make a card that depicts a song. I will have to give that a little thought because I don't think I can think of a song that my card today can depict!  Maybe  Old McDonald Had a Farm - here a chick there a chick...


this is a new image called Easter Chicken and is drawn by Diana Garrison.  Once again Diana has the perfect expression on her chicken's face!  I used Copic markers to color the image and I chalked some yellow in the background.

I hope you have a fantastic Monday!  Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

Crickets Creations said...

That is adorable. Love the sentiment

Sharon Jones said...

Such a cute card, Holly. It gave me a little giggle...just what I needed. Love the layout, too.
Hugs,
Sharon

Shawna said...

Cute card! And so glad you are back-- we missed you!

Tammy said...

Glad to know you were busy, I was worried! Love your adorable card and I guess now I'll be signing Old MacDonald all day!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, Holly. I love that chicken and you have created a great design.

Linda W. said...

I think we all have the same disease right now Holly.......it's winter and we need a bright summer day to help us organize and enjoy crafting! Love that chicken!!!

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness is this ever the cutest!! I have to get that image...so cute!!

Leslie G. said...

Adorable...and I love the saying!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Heeheehee. Love that image & sentiment! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this card Holly!

I have a song for you!
I'll bet the Easter Bunny is the boss, and here are some lyrics to Nine to Five by Dolly Parton:

"They just use your mind and they never give you credit
It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it
Nine to five for service and devotion
You would think that I would deserve a fair promotion"

Hugs to You,
Terri / Brat

nwilliams6 said...

Holly - I love the look on that bird's face and your colors are wonderful. How fun to get new toys (your new monitor/TV) and juicy new pens. My craft room is horrible right now - I can't wait to get a few days to clean it. I can't get that song out my head now! Fun. Hugz!