Friday, March 22, 2013

The Same Image, Different Cards

Hi everyone! I am so looking forward to this weekend. I really want to spend some time in my craft room this weekend, and it's supposed to be a rainy one so that makes it even better. There's just something about a rainy day that makes me want to hole up in there with my paper and markers!

 Today I've got two cards to share with you. Each one uses the same image - Roses by Angie Davis. It's an image I go to again and again. this first card is a birthday card for a very dear online friend.


I used Copic markers to color the image and even used a pale yellow to do the background instead of my trusty chalk!  The sentiment was computer generated.  I embossed the background and added a punched border on the side.  The seam between the border and the embossed background is covered with a piece of pink thread.  

The next card is a sympathy card made for a former Squigglefly design team member.  I am sorry to say that Sharon Jones recently lost her husband.  He was only 53 years old, and they have a 13 year old son.  Please keep them in your prayers.
This time I colored the image in yellow and used a different embossing folder and border punch, but the basic layout is the same.  The sentiment is another one I computer generated.  


There's still a few days to play in Squigglefly's latest challenge "Face the Music"  I am entering these cards in and my song is "Kiss From A Rose".  I love the song, but personally I don't get the lyrics at all!

thanks for looking today!  Have a nice weekend!

8 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

what pretty cards Holly!! Thanks for joining in our Challenge!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and beautiful embossing folders/punches! I think my favorite is the yellow! Hope you get to craft this weekend!

wannabcre8tive said...

Very pretty and so perfect for Spring or maybe so perfect for waiting for Spring. :) Love the embossing folders.

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, Holly, 2 beautiful and elegant cards - and the colors are so soft and pretty!

Faith A said...

2 beautiful cards Holly.

nwilliams6 said...

You so captured the feeling of that song with these cards and I love how different they look. So well done! Hugz!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful image used in two different ways. Will keep our fellow DT member in my prayers along with her son. Nice cards for this week.

Stef H said...

now these are very pretty.

hugs :)