Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tickle A Blue Rooster

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well so far. My husband and I are going to do something we've never done before on Thursday this week. As a matter of fact, it's something that I never thought we would do - but we are doing it. We are having an interior designer come over to give us her opinion on what kind of flooring to get! You see, we have wanted to get the floors in the living room, kitchen, hallway, foyer, and laundry room all replaced, but we haven't been able to agree on what to do. We can't get wood floors because our living room walls have wood flooring on them, and we both like that, but having wood floors too would just be too much wood. Anyway, we've decided on tile, but we can not come to an agreement on what kind of tile, what size the tile should be, or how the pattern should be, much less the color. Since we couldn't agree we just didn't do anything, but it can't be put off any longer. Anyway, I'm excited to see what she thinks will work best for us. I'll keep you posted and maybe even five you before and after shots!

 Well, today is one of Mothermark's Teaparty's, and this week is tickle a teapotter week where we all send cards to fellow teapartiers! The theme this week is to bring hens, roosters, or chicks. Well, when I saw the word "Rooster" I knew what I wanted to do. A long time ago Squigglefly had a design team member; Debbie Boulton who made a card with the Rooster image by Angie Davis and I just loved it. So I decided to copy her card for this challenge and here it is



I colored the image with Copic markers, picked out some designer paper and stamped the word "Smile" (from a Stampin' Up! set) on to the paper.  The little colored dots are rain dots in different sizes.  I really like it, and it looks as close as I can remember to Debbie's card.  Sometimes I get so intent on coloring things the way they really are, that I forget how coloring something some completely off the wall color makes such a fun impact!

There's only a few days left in the month to save 15% off at Squigglefly.  All during the month of March you can save 15% by using the code spring15!  Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

6 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

this is gorgeous Holly!! I think I loved that same card you are talking about--I have also always meant to get this stamp out!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute, I like the blue rooster. I just made a blue and green rooster a couple nights ago for another challenge. I say we can color them any color we want.

Yeah, new flooring, that is always fun.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
This is gorgeous! I love the rooster and especially your DP in the BG - it's so perfect!

Tammy said...

How exciting to get new floors! The decorator will probably tell your husband that the wife's vote counts twice! Fabulous card, love, love the blue rooster!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the colors you used - there probably is a real chicken out there this color but I have never seen one. Fun card - love the way you did the little circle gems in front of smile - adds another layer of fun to the card. Great idea - the teapotter you tickle will be thrilled. Hugz!

Faith A said...

WOW this is fabulous, LURVE those colours.