Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ways to Use Ribbon

Hi everyone!  Surprise!  I actually have a card made for the Squigglefly challenge this week!  I always have good intentions, but it's not often I actually follow through.  I have to say the design team's cards really inspired me to go ahead and do it.    so, without anymore blabber about it, here's my card





The image I used is called Flowery Bear and Bees and is drawn by the talented Janet Jones.  I added the sentiment before printing.  it's colored with Copic markers and I added a bit sparkle to the bee's trail with a glitter gel pen.  I think it's pretty easy to see what I did with the ribbon.  I laid a piece of double stick tape down under the image panel and then pleated a piece of yellow ribbon over it.  It's the first time I've done that, but it was quick and easy to do!  I could probably use a little practice getting my pleats even, but I will use this technique again.

I hope you'll play along in the challenge too!  Have a great day!

10 comments:

Lisa M said...

That's adorable! Love the pink cheeks too and your pleated ribbon is wonderful! You lined the stitching up so perfectly, I thought you actually sewed it down!! Looks gorgeous Holly.

bumblebee creations said...

awhhhh...this is adorable--so very cute-love your ribbon Holly! Thanks for playing along with SF this week!

Linda W. said...

Beautiful Holly! I forgot about pleating; thx for helping bring it back!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Your card is really adorable and your coloring wonderful - really big smiles!

Tammy said...

Super sweet card and such a cute image! Love the ribbon treatment you used!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute and I like the pleated ribbon. Great coloring.

Judy said...

This is adorable, and love how you've used the ribbon. It really adds to the card.

xo

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So cute and you know I love PUNS, that's adorable. Great work Holly!! Cheers, Holley

Carolyn Cochran said...

Great card Holly! Love the pleating and the glitter trail on the Bees!
Carolyn

Reflections from Granny said...

Gorgeous, love the ribbon fold, so very pretty! Hugs, Lori m