Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Carry A Purse To The Teaparty

Hi everyone!  I told you that I had a cute little project to share with you and it just so happens to fall right in line with the theme of today's teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers!  It's a purse!  My boss's daughter was staying with me last week while she was home from school due to being sick, and she asked me to  make her a purse out of paper.  I did the best I could while I was at work with none of my craft supplies, but I promised her I'd make her a better purse once I got home where all of my supplies are.  Anyway, I followed the instructions in this video to make her purse and here's how it turned out!




I glued a little glittered flower shaped button to the front and used some flower brads on the closure and to hold the handles on.  I really would have rather used a magnet instead of velcro for the closure, but I didn't have anything except black velcro so I just went with that.  Here's a side view.



And you know that I had to fill the purse with something fun!


She loved it and sashayed around with it on her arm with her hand on her hip!  

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Ahh, too cute and great papers for a little girl (or big girl)! You are probably the most loved employee of alltime!

Linda W. said...

Really precious - what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! This little purse you made is so stinkin' cute! I bet your boss' daughter looked adorable! Thanks for sharing your project with us! Debbie Pokerwinski

Pammie said...

Hi Holly, I love watching Frenchies videos too. I am gonna go make one of these for my Granddaughter. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Pammie

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, this is just adorable. You did a great job on it and I know your bosses daughter was thrilled with it.

Scrappin Sista said...

How cute is this Holly... you must have been thinking of me when you filled this purse with Double Bubble gum!! lol!

Judy said...

Wow...what a fabulous purse. I'm going to have to give this a try sometime. Love the paper, and embellies are adorable.

xo

Desire Fourie said...

Such a precious little gift bag. Love the pinks and the handles.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Stef H said...

if it can hold a wallet, a checkbook, some lipstick and my car handicap tag, i'll take one! just kidding. this is soooooooooo pretty!

hugs :)