Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Why I've Been MIA

Hi everyone. I'm sorry that I was so vague in my last post about what's been keeping me from blogging. Everything is okay, I've just been super busy with so many things. You know that we are in the process of getting new floors, and on top of that my knee has started giving me major trouble. I don't know if it's just arthritis or if it's something more serious. If it continues I will go to the doctor. I've had a few other family things come up that have needed my attention also and with the warmer temperatures work has gotten a lot busier. Then when I get home from work, the dogs want attention and I tend to stay out with them longer since it stays light so much later. All of this has encroached my crafting time and my mojo has disappeared on me! I do appreciate the concern - but there is no reason to worry!

 I have a couple of cards to share with you today though.  They both use the Cheryl Alger image Sneaky Bear Birthday Cupcake.   I used Copic markers to color them both and added stickles to the candle flames.  The sentiment on the first one was computer generated and I used little yellow rain dots on either end.




The second card is pretty easy to see what I did and doesn't really need any explanation.  


There is a brand new challenge going on at Squigglefly's blog that I hope you will take some time to go see.  Also there was a brand new release  on Saturday that I don't want you to miss!

I have taken pictures of our house so that when we get our new floor I can show you before and after photos.  The interior designer who came to our house was very helpful in choosing what kind and color of tile would go best in our house.  The number one choice was a beautiful one with a rough chiseled edge that I really liked, but it was just too far out of our budget.  We ended up choosing one that was the same type (porcelain) and almost the same color, but has a straight edge.  The thing I like the most is the pattern that we are going to use.  It's a mixture of three different sizes - a large square, a smaller square, and a rectangle.  Anyway, now we are waiting for someone to come and measure our house and then they will give us a price and we can get going.  It will be about a three day process and will be loads of work.
We went to the vet to get some tranquilizers for Baxter because we know that with all the workers in and out of the house and the noise, he will be going berserk!  I will just be glad when it's all over and we can get back to normal!

Anyway, this is the last of the cards I have already made, so don't look for me for a few days!  Hopefully things will calm down for me a little and my mojo will return so I can make some more cards!  I wish you all happy crafting!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! Hi Holly, I've been reading your blog for quite some time now and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your creations! I used this Sassy Cheryl image twice and was afraid I wouldn't use it again, but you've inspired me with some great ideas! Thanks again for sharing! Debbie Pokerwinski

Maria A. said...

Glad you are ok, although I strongly recommend that you don't wait to long to go see your doctor for your knee pain. If it's hurting that means something is not right so, the longer you wait the worse it will get. You said your knee is giving you mayor trouble and that is a very clear message your body is trying to send you. Please forgive me if I sound like I'm lecturing you but it's urgent that you don't let this go on anymore. This injuries wont go away by themselves, they just get worse. You also should take glucosamine pills or those drinks for your joints. They have helped me tremendously, I'm 62 and training to do a Marathon this October, since I've been taking this pills, my knees feel wonderful. Again, forgive me for this long post, I just wanted to give you my 2 cents on this issue.
Great cards, both of them. Thanks for sharing.
Maria.

Lenoria said...

Bless you, it sounds like you have a full plate! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to another card - and pictures of the house.

Shawna said...

WHEW! Thank goodness it wasn't something awful keeping you away! I miss seeing your cards, but I certainly understand; life has a way of getting in the way of our creativeness doesn't it? Will be looking forward to seeing you back here soon :-)

Tammy said...

Oh Holly, wonderful news that you've decided on your new floor, I can only image your excitement! Love your cards each wonderful and so special! My favorite is the first one, just too darn cute!

Lisa M said...

Best of luck with the new floor..that sounds like so much fun and your card is wonderful!! Love that double button too. I hope that knees don't give you too much of a fit. Maybe it's just this crazy weather!!
hugs,
Lisa x

Reflections from Granny said...

Beautiful cards, I hope your knee gets better quick, knee problems are no fun.

Enjoy the warmer weather and your two adorable babies.

Hugs, Lori m

Judy said...

These are lovely sweetie, and I think we all have a little spring fever. It's just the nice weather calling.

Hugs,
Judy