Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bearing Flowers


Hi everyone!  I originally started today's card for the clean and simple challenge at the Outlawz, but by the time I finished the card it was anything but clean and simple!  The theme of the challenge was to have butterflies somewhere on your card.  I picked this cute Butterfly Bear image by Diane Carubia because of the little butterflies, but once it was colored I couldn't stop adding papers to it!  Luckily though, Monday's Greeting Card challenge at the Outlawz is Anything Goes, so I still get to submit this card to one of their challenges!



I think the expression on this bear's face is the cutest!  I added a few brads at the last minute because they matched the paper so well!  My sentiment is computer generated and then cut out with a label die and tied on with yellow floss.  Can you tell I had a sunny day to take photographs outdoors?  It's certainly warming up here, and I'm really trying not to be sad about it!

I hope you have a great day, and thanks as always for stopping by my blog!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Amazing card Holly! The image is adorable and the fur looks real! Great papers!

Loster said...

I love that little bear! Your card looks great. I can see why your layering was such fun.

Lenoria said...

Your card is gorgeous and his little face is so cute!

Linda W. said...

Totally gorgeous Holly! I do have to find that one die to help out my greetings and such! It's a real go to for you I can see. i lovey our little bear - beautiful card!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun bear image and you colored it so well. What a fun mix of papers on your card - makes it look even cuter! Cute, cute, cute. Hugz!

Kathy Bradley said...

Too cute! The image is so sweet and adorable and you've colored it wonderfully. Very pretty card!