Monday, May 13, 2013

Birthday Flowers

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a nice weekend and that your Mother's Day was as nice as mine was.  The weather here was just gorgeous and I spent a great deal of time outdoors with the dogs and in my garden.  Both of my lovely daughters called me and I have plans to go out for a Margarita with one in the very near future!  

I spent some time yesterday making a few birthday cards.  May is a heavy birthday month for me!  This one uses an image from Squigglefly called Dogwood Delight.  I printed it out larger than I would normally use it on a card because I only wanted to use the top part of it.  



I used Copic markers to color it, and the sentiment is computer generated.  I used a photo corner punch to fish tail the ends of the sentiment banner.

We got more progress made on our house.  The tilers will be here (hopefully) Thursday of this week.  I patched  up the areas on the walls where we had a railing cut down, and Brock patched the ceiling where the columns were.  I've gotten all of the stuff out of the furniture that needs to be moved and packed into boxes. We have moved a couple of pieces into the garage and just have heavier items we're still using for now left.

Brock has gone through the house and removed all of the carpet tack strips so it just needs to be rolled up and taken out when they're ready to begin tiling.  Baxter has gotten pretty used to the banging we've been doing, so hopefully that is preparing him for what's to come.  If not, we do have some doggie tranquilizers ready for him!

Enjoy your Monday, and don't forget about the new challenge that begins today on Squigglefly's blog!  

7 comments:

Stef H said...

beautiful card.

house reno? wow! i need to motivate my butt to paint... BEFORE summer ends.

been sunny but cold here - well low 50s.

hope your mother's day was fabulous! mine was nice & quiet.

hugs :)

Linda W. said...

Beautiful birthday card Holly! I love that sentiment as it is printed - very nice! My Mother's Day comes in 2 weeks on Memorial Day weekend as one daughter worked all weeked (nurse) and the other one had to babysit but that's ok with me. Hubby and I tore apart my craft room and are ready to lay a new floor today and organize it as it goes back together - ugh!

Tammy said...

So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day, you deserve it! Pretty birthday card. Love the happy colored papers you used!

Loster said...

What a nice, Spring-like card! The Dogwood Delight stamp is just fabulous! I love the yellow haze around the picture (chalk, I presume?)

Also, I am curious about the sentiment... Is there a special software that allows you to generate your letters so freely? I love how your sentiments look so artistic!

Thanks for your inspirations!

Carolyn Cochran said...

Really nice card Holly! I love the yummy pink ribbon on top of the paper lace~I can never get my sentiments to look like yours :(
Carolyn

bumblebee creations said...

I love this card!! This image is so gorgeous--one I have used many times over!!

nwilliams6 said...

We did tile last year so I know how disruptive (and expensive) this project has been for you but you will love, love, love it! Your card is beautiful - what a great image and it made a really terrific birthday card. Great idea. Hugz!