Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blood, sweat, and tears

Well the flooring is finished and our house is back in some semblance of order!  They finished laying the tile around 8:30 Friday night and we spent the weekend (thank goodness it was a three day weekend!) getting things put back in place.  We aren't finished yet!  There are still some places we need to touch up where they scraped base boards and scuffed walls.  Also, I wanted to move the desk I had in my craft room for my sewing machine into the laundry room, and move the desk I had in the laundry room into my craft room - but we broke one of the desks while moving it so my craft room is now in total disarray!

We still have some doors to re-hang, and just over all cleaning up, but for the most part it's finished!  We love the tile.  I'm very pleased with the pattern we chose too.  I didn't want something that had a straight line of grout, and this pattern worked perfectly.

As promised, here are some photos.  This first picture is our living room taken from the front door.  You can see a little bit of a wooden column there.  There were two columns with little railings on either side.  We had those removed.

here's another picture that shows you more of what the railing looked like.  It's amazing how much removing the railing opened the room up.



Here is our living room now.  We got a new coffee table and end table as well as a new recliner.  We needed a new recliner, and even though the tables we had were decent, we decided to go with something a little smaller.  The little rug is just there to protect the floors from the table until we get our new rug.  It's supposed to be here at the end of the week.



Here is our kitchen before (see Baxter coming in to say hi?)


and the kitchen finished




here are a couple of pictures of the dogs tired out after a day of renovation - this is the floors scraped down to the cement.  Riley in the laundry room


Baxter by the sliding glass door - the laundry room is to the left

Here's the laundry room now


and the area by the sliding door


Once I have my craft room back I will make some cards and life can return to normal!

12 comments:

Lori m said...

Holly, that looks beautiful, gorgeous home and Baxter is so handsome.

Thank you for sharing the photos, how I'd love a tiled floor.

Hugs, Lori m

Fawn Palmer said...

It's beautiful, Holly! I love it! So when you get it finished is it party at your house? ;) ;)

Fawn Palmer said...

It's beautiful, Holly! I love it! So when you get it finished is it party at your house? ;) ;)

Tammy said...

Wow, your new floor is fantastic and beautiful! Love the look! So glad the worst of it is behind you!

Judy said...

Wowzer..gorgeous. How exciting.

xo

Stef H said...

wow holly! looks fabulous! you are definitely a "country" girl!!!

enjoy your new decor!

hugs :)

Linda W. said...

Faboo lady! And my dog has that very dog bed!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Gorgeous floors - the tile is so pretty and I really like the pattern in which they lay! The pics of Baxter and Riley are adorable - they are obviously tired after supervising the floor guys!!

bumblebee creations said...

ohhhh....I love it Holly! It looks like it makes it look more spacious for some reason! Love the colors you went with nice and soft! Hope you get your craft room back soon--miss seeing your cards!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful floors! Looks so good! How fun to get some new furniture and rugs too. Hugz!

Roxann said...

Great renovations! I have a wall between my greatroom and dining room I want to knock down. Just wanted to pop in and say "hello".
Hugz,
Roxann

wannabcre8tive said...

Your floors are beautiful. I know you are so happy have it completed.