Friday, May 17, 2013

Chimply Marvelous!


Hi everyone!  I am so glad that Friday is finally here.  It's so strange how some weeks fly by and some just drag.  This one was definitely a dragger!  

Here's a card I made last weekend during my crafting time using an image by Fawn Palmer called A Monkey Lover.  It comes with this sentiment as well as one more that's just as cute.   This is the card I was making with the burlap background that I told you gave me the great idea for my Llama fur on my Llama Mama card.   As you can see, I decided to embrace the unraveled edges and used some embroidery floss to stitch around the whole piece!  




I love the texture the burlap gives it, and I love the pop of color with the embroidery floss!  The image is colored with Copic markers and I chalked some blue in the background.  I am entering this card in Outlawz Copic Marker challenge which has the theme of "cute and cuddly".  I think this little monkey is cute, and while real monkeys might not be too cuddly this guy looks like he would be!

This weekend will be busy getting last minute things done before the big tiling day begins on Monday!  I hope you enjoy your weekend!  See you on Monday!

8 comments:

Donna said...

This is adorable! I love the burlap for texture! Have a wonderful weekend!

Tammy said...

Absolutely delightful card Holly! Love the embroidered burlap, very clever! Have a great weekend!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
So very, very cute! And, the burlap with the pink thread woven through looks awesome!

Fawn Palmer said...

Adorable! I love the burlap with the dark heart paper! And as usual your coloring is amazing!

Stef H said...

you come up with some hilarious sentiments! this is too funny... and too cool. love the burlap!

hugs :)

TampaStamper12 said...

What a great card you did! Thanks so much for your great comment on my blog. I don't have many squigglefly images yet. I love the turtle though!! Thanks again

Reflections from Granny said...

This is so cute, lol, his/her face, priceless.

Hugs, Lori m

nwilliams6 said...

Love the sentiment (great shading too) and that fun image. What a super fun card!!! Hugz!