Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Enough With The Drama

Hi everyone!  I've got a fun card to share with you today using the brand new Llama Mama image from Squigglefly.  How could a card made with an image named "Llama Mama" be anything but fun?!  This image is by Lynne Stansbery, and it comes with the sentiment I used here as well as one more!  

I had the llama image printed out waiting to be colored while I was working on another card.  I wanted to use some burlap in the background of the card, but it was frayed on one edge so I started to trim the frayed edge off.  As the little frayed edgings piled up on my desk I thought it looked like perfect llama fur!  I then proceeded to cut off more frayed edges to give my llama a little bit of hair on top of his head!




I love how it turned out!  I fishtail cut the sentiment and added a fun flower shaped button that is tied with some of the strands from the burlap.  (I don't know if that is a glare on the button or if my camera lens needed cleaning!)  I will be sending this card to a dear friend of mine who has more than enough drama in her life, and I know it will make her laugh.

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

LOL...what a wonderful surprise with that burlap fuzz! This card is the absolutely cutest, Holly; I adore it!
Hugs,
Sharon

Tammy said...

Og goodness, a llama with a pompadour hairdo! Too cute and so fun! Fantastic card Holly!

Kathy Bradley said...

I love the llama. He is sitting on my desk too - waiting to be colored. I love his fur - and besides - he is adorable. I love your card and sentiment - and I bet your friend will too!

Niki said...

Great card. I think the llama is the perfect image for my son's 8th grade continuation card! Thanks for sharing

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, I love this image. Can't wait until I get the time to color mine.

Faith A said...

WONDERFUL and such a laugh.

Linda W. said...

Absolutely precious!!!

Shirley said...

Holly,
I think your mojo is back.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness--I love the burlap hair!! And this image is just too cute!!

nwilliams6 said...

This is one of the most delightful cards I have seen in a long time. What a fab idea with the burlap - I am going to copy it as soon as I get this image. Wow - so fun! You are on a wonderful roll with the best cards. Hugz!

Charlene Mitchell said...

ha ha ha ha! omgoodness Holly - this is fabulous! That hair is PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT! hee hee hee made my day!!! How is Lynne enjoying seeing this image??! hugs!