Thursday, May 9, 2013

If you give a mouse a cupcake...

Hi everyone!  Is your week going by as quickly as mine?  I swear I can't believe that it's already Friday tomorrow.  Not that I'm complaining!  

Did you ever read the children's book, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie?  Well, that is what I kept thinking about when I made today's card.  I had such fun making this!   I used one of Diane Carubia's newest images called Curly's Cupcake.  Isn't it such a sweet image?  




I used Copic markers for the coloring and enjoyed matching the stripes on his shirt to the stripes on the paper.  I added a little bit of stickles to the frosting on the cupcake.  The rest was just fun mixing up papers and adding embellishments.   The bigger button is actually a button die cut out of card stock.  The two smaller buttons are real buttons, but they are rather thick and make it harder to mail.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Stef H said...

this is sooooooooo colorful! absolutely stunning!

hugs :)

Linda W. said...

I love all the play of colors, Holly. Soooooooo birthday!!! That little mouse is the happiest mouse, isn't he!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

THIS is SO very cute! Those gorgeous colors and papers look SO good with this adorable little guy.

I think we need an "If you give a gal some espresso image"! Perhaps I am fixated as there is NO latte at Girl Scout camp! I will need to drink A LOT of tea to make up for that! Then I won't be able to hike very far!!! Yikes!

While you are struggling with the trials of getting new floor, just think of all the poor gals in WA State that want new floor and can't have it! Ha Ha!

Hugs,
Terri / Brat

Anonymous said...

Love all the COLORS and the coloring is prefect ! What a really cute card.
Lillian

Tammy said...

So very cute and cheerful! Adorable image and the papers are fun and happy!

Carolyn Cochran said...

Love all the bright colors and the cute little mouse! You can almost see him blowing the candle!

bumblebee creations said...

How super cute!! I love this image Holly-and your coloring is perfect!

nwilliams6 said...

What a darling image and card! I love cards that remind me of my fav books - how great. Cute. Hugz!

Di said...

Lovely card!!! thankyou for using my image!!
Hugs Di xx