Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Two cuties

Well in an effort to find my muse, I decided to play in one of my favorite challenge - the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  It did not take me long to find a card in her gallery that I wanted to CASE.  You can see her beautiful card here.

For my card, I started off with the Best Buds image by Jackie Matthews, and removed the flowers.  I printed it off twice so that I could cut out the leaf and pop it up.  The sentiment is also from Squigglefly and is called Bloom With Happiness.




My flower was created with a Spellbinders rolled flower die.  I cut it out of pink card stock and then rubbed the edges with some darker pink ink.  This is the first time I've tried making a rolled flower with a die, and I found it very easy to do.  I held it together with a  little glue.  I added a few swirls of stickles for some sparkle and punched butterflies in the corner of the sentiment.  The holes in the scalloped circle were made with a paper piercer.  At the very last minute I decided to add a little grass in the pot with some scraps from a grass punch.  

I think it turned out pretty cute, but it will be a tough one to mail.  I'll probably save this one to hand deliver some day!  Want to see something else that's cute?


Doesn't he look regal?  He was just hanging out with me enjoying the spring and I had to snap his picture!  Enjoy your day!




8 comments:

Lenoria said...

The card is very cute and the dog is absolutely gorgeous! He looks so content and seems to be the perfect companion.

Linda W. said...

OMGoodness your card and sweet forever friend really are beautiful, Holly!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very pretty card, I love the bright pink and green together. Baxter is really beautiful.

bumblebee creations said...

your flower card is stunning Holly--and so is your pup!! He looks so HEALTHY--he was sure blessed to find a home with you guys!!

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, Dexter is one handsome boy! I'm so glad he found you! YOur card is so cute Holly, love the flower and the sentiment is perfect!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
what a wonderful and adorable card! Baxter is gorgeous!!!

Stef H said...

hey hols! this is beeeeeeee utiful! i have a couple of those rolled flower dies and they scare me to death. now? gotta give it a whirl (no pun intended).

puppy IS very regal. he's (?) a beauty.

p.s. i started a blog for my puppy (yeah, call me nuts), maybe your puppies can stop by.

all else is good here.

big hugs :)

Lisa M said...

Your card...it's GORGEOUS! That's an awesome flower!!