Saturday, June 22, 2013

A wreath

Hi everyone!   Happy weekend to you!  I told you I'd have a card to share today - I'm just later than usual.  I was doing my weekly cooking this morning and I poured some hot sauce over some enchilada's and in the process I also poured some of the piping hot sauce over my fingers!     Needless to say I have a huge blister over the tip of my pinkie finger and it hurts like the dickens!It certainly makes typing this hard!  I have to keep stopping to hold my fingers in ice water. But on the positive side, I have my cooking for the week done!

Last night I went to the War Memorial Hot Air Balloon Race a War Memorial Park.  I wasn't looking forward to it because of the heat, but we had a really good time.  My friend got some great pictures that I will share with you when I get them from her.  We were right next to a balloon that we got to see un folded and blown up from the start.  It was really cool, the balloon started to roll toward us as we sat there and it was cool to see it fully inflated.  All told we saw about 16 different balloons.   Right at dusk they had all of the balloons pull the gas on the balloons for a "balloon glow".  It was really nice and I was glad I had gone.

Well I told you my boss was given a baby deer and he brought it back with him on Friday afternoon just as I had to leave for my doctor's appointment!  It is about 3 days old and they can't tell if it's a male or a female yet.  I don't know the whole story, but someone on a farm was working on a combine, and the combine injured the baby deer.  She's not too badly injured though, and here we are going to try to raise her. I know for a little while she has to be bottle fed every four to five hour around the clock, and after each feeding you have to rub her (it's) bottom to make it go to the bathroom.  I haven't taken any of my own photos, but here's one my boss took before he brought her home


I promise to get better photos this week!

Now for today's card - I used an brand new image by Pamela Lehto called Rose Wreath.  I printed it twice and cut the bow out and then popped it up on some foam dots for dimension.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I added a little bit of stickles to the flowers.  




The sentiment was computer generated.  I hope you're having a good weekend!

6 comments:

House Revivals said...

Okay, your card is beautiful, but totally upstaged by that sweet baby deer! Poor little baby -- hope it heals okay.

Stef H said...

and i thought a dog was alot of work!!! cute deer tho and really pretty card.

so sorry about your cooking mishap.

have a great week.

hugs ;)

Tammy said...

Ahh, so sweet, I know you'll make a good mama for her! Your card is beautiful, the roses are just perfect!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card, I like how you popped up the wreath. I hope Baby deer does fine.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness, a baby deer--how fun that will be ...I will show Emily the pics when you put yours on, she will be so jealous! Love your card Holly!

nwilliams6 said...

How fun - a baby deer! It is darling! Sweet, sweet, sweet. Your card is sweet too - great sentiment for it. Love the popped up bow. Well done and thanks for sharing all your extra pictures. Hugz!