Monday, June 3, 2013

Back In The Swing Of Things

Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to start because I've been so busy and away from blogging for so long!  Oh wait!  I know where to start!  Let's start with the new challenge on the Squigglefly blog today!  Holley has a fun one for all of you, and I hope you will play along!  The theme is an easy and fun one - Summertime!  If the weather is as warm where you are as it is here, then I'm sure you won't have any trouble making a summer time card.  Squigglefly has some great new summertime themed images in the store too - and of course there are some fantastic older ones too.    I'll share my card in a minute.

So what's been going on with me?  Well, we got our rug for the living room and I just love it!  Here's some pictures.


In this picture you can see how much more room we have from removing the railing and columns.   



 I got everything back in it's proper place and organized my craft room - including a new (well new to me - it's actually used) sewing desk to replace the one we broke.   I even went through all of my designer paper and have that organized.  Let's just say that I won't need to buy any paper for a while - I can't believe how much I have!

Yesterday I did my weekly cooking, gave Riley a much needed bath, and had a little time left over to make a card or two.  Here's one I made for the Squigglefly Summertime challenge using one of the newest ones in Squigglefly's store called Noah's Tire Swing by Cheryl Alger.  Not only does the image make me think of summer time fun, but it's also appropriate because after all this home renovation stuff I am finally back in the swing of things again!


The border was made with a Martha Stewart punch.  I computer generated the sentiment and popped it up with some pop dots.  The image was colored with Copic markers and the sky was chalked.  I added a little grass sprigs with the markers.

I hope you'll play along in the challenge too - show us what summer means to you!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

I for one am very happy you are back in the swing of things, I've missed you but the results are absolutely fantastic and I'm so happy for you! Your card is absolutely adorable, love the punched boarder you used!

Donna said...

What a fun card! And great for summer! Love the new look of your space. That carpet has a very interesting color pattern. Have a greta week!

Pat said...

Welcome back! Love the splash you made with an awesome card.

NanceRN said...

so cute... love your new rug too. It looks awesome in your room!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is a cute card and I love this fun image. Your flooring looks great and I know you are so happy to be back to normal.

bumblebee creations said...

Your room looks wonderful,and your card is so cute--love that image!!

nwilliams6 said...

You will be having a happy summer with your great new floors and fun new house stuff - enjoy. Your card is super cute! Love the image and the fun way you did the side panel. Hugz!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous card and a pretty sewing table. Love how you added in the sky with chalks, that's a great idea!

Cheers, Holley

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is so adorable! Love this image. The sky that you added looks fabulous - I don't do well with trying to add stuff in!! Your colouring looks great and I LOVE that striped dp! It always feels good when you re-organize and your room looks beautiful! hugs!