Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bugs and Chicks

Hi everyone!  well I did get my camera fixed.  It was an annoying problem - the little door that holds the batteries in was missing a little prong and the batteries would fall out.  I taped it shut, but it wasn't enough to let the metal things make contact with the batteries.  Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed!

Here's a card I made with one of the cute fuzzy bugs in Dawn Collins's set of Fuzz Bugs.


I am not a fan of bugs, but these little critters are really cute.  I thought this one would make a good birthday card for anyone, but especially kids.  My boss's son has a birthday coming up in July and I made this one with him in mind.  It's not too girly even though it has glitter.

I'm afraid our wonderfully cool spring has come to an end and summer has moved in.  It was really hot yesterday and the forecast is for nearly 100 degrees the next three days.  I promise to try not to gripe about it too much!

Here is the promised video of the baby chicks.  I got two that are sleeping.   The larger white ones that are really fuzzy are called silkies.  If you can't see the video below, you can view it directly at Youtube HERE

6 comments:

Stef H said...

100 degrees? holy crap... and we only hit 79 and it was hot and steamy. i'm starting to get like you... i'm preferring the chill!

super cute card.

nothing worse than a stupid reason for a camera not working. guess there really are ALL WORKING PARTS!!!

hugs :)

Linda W. said...

Your card and chicks are awesome Holly! What a cheery way to begin the day!

wannabcre8tive said...

That image is so cute and you have colored it match perfectly with the paper. Thanks, for the video of the chicks.

Cathy said...

your card is adorable, as are your chicks!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Not sure which is cuter, your card or the chicks! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Bradley said...

Cute, cute card, Holly! I loved watching the chicks. I think it's just hilarious the way they sleep. It's almost as if they are moving around and then wham, face down and sprawled - they're asleep!