Thursday, June 27, 2013

Deer Pictures!

Hi everyone!  Well I finally have some deer photos to share with you.  I wanted to get some with my hand petting her so you can see how small she is, but she wouldn't come out of the carrier and it was hard to pet and take a picture at the same time.  She is doing much better, so hopefully I'll get some video of her walking around soon.


Here's a shot of her when she moved to the other side - you can see her spots better.  I wish they kept their spots!



And here's one a little closer up.  Isn't she just precious?  I love the way they curl their front legs under them when they lay down.  


I ordered myself an early birthday present and it's supposed to arrive this afternoon.  I'm really excited about it!  My husband and I play thermostat wars every summer.  He keeps the thermostat set on 78 and to me that is just too dang warm!  I like it to be cooler - especially when I sleep.  I sleep with a fan directed at me and even then it's sometimes not enough.  I turn the thermostat down when I go to bed, but he stays up later than me and turns it back up, so I invariably wake up around 2 or 3 in the morning hot!

Well, my sister in law has had this thing for a few years now called Chili Pad.  It's a pad that has a small tube running through out it and the tube is filled with water.  It's connected to this machine that will cool the water or heat the water.  She has a big one that is dual controlled so she and her husband can set their own temperature.  I ordered an XL twin so I can just have it on my side and sleep cool!  In the winter, we can move it to his side and he can heat his side up if he wants.  Anyway, she loves hers and since she's had it for several years now I thought I'd give it a shot.  I'll let you know how I like it!

No card today, but I'll be back with one tomorrow - I promise!

5 comments:

Stef H said...

oh is she ever precious! did they name her?

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, how very precious! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! I'm a big fan of Sassy Cheryl's digi's and came across your blog, which I've been following for quite a while now. I just love your cards!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity and other tidbits of your life with us! This little dear is a sweetie and it looks like she's going to get spoiled quick!

Maria A. said...

Unbelievable pictures!! how lucky that you had the chance to see one of the most beautiful wild animals this close, I hope this gorgeous fawn can find its place in Nature very soon. The temptation to treat this animals like pets is big but we must resist it because it's not fair to them. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pictures with us.
Maria Rodriguez.

Loster said...

Adorable pics of the fawn! Let us know how your cooling mat works. We have the same problem at our house, but my husband is able to survive because he loves lots of heavy covers when he sleeps.

BTW - do you think that there is a portable cooling mat out there anywhere? ;-)