Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fancy That

Hi again!  I had a few people ask me how Baxter did during the renovation.  As you know we did day board him at our vet's office.  He got what they call the "King Suite".  I think it was really good for him because it showed him that we may have left him, but we always came back and got him at the end of the day.  Also, he was around several people - all of whom showed him love and attention - so that was good for him to see that even strangers can be nice.  By the end of the 2nd day when I brought him home and the tilers were still here, he kept a wary distance and stayed by my side but he didn't bark and go crazy!  All in all I was very pleased, and I was super impressed with the day boarding charges - only $12.00 a day!  What a bargain, huh?

Since Sunday was my play day I had to check out the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  When I saw THIS CARD I knew I wanted to use  Fancy Cup With Rose for the challenge!  It's a new image just released on Saturday by Pamela Lehto.


I printed the image twice so I could cut the rose out and pop it up some.  I used Copic markers to color everything.  The sentiment was computer generated, and then I cut it out with a nestabilities die and used a marker to ink the edges.  I didn't have any pink and white baker's twine, so I twisted some yarn together and used that.  A little hole was punched in the sentiment so I could tie it on.

I hope you have a fantastic day!


7 comments:

Tammy said...

So glad Baxter weathered the storm. What we do for our pups! Your card is beautiful and the rose is colored to perfection! Lovely card Holly!

Donna said...

Gorgeous coloring! Love the rose and the twisted yarn as an accent!

Pammie said...

Holly. I think the twisted Yarn is a great idea. So Pretty.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful card. I love rosees anyhow and you captured their beauty. I also love the tag and twisted fiber - great idea! :)

Faith A said...

GREAT card, love the fibre and the colouring.

Carolyn Cochran said...

Holly SO pretty and in my fav color, How sweet of you! ROFL Now I'm running to get mine colored up and make a card with it-Thanks for the inspiration!
Carolyn

bumblebee creations said...

wow! how did I miss so many new cards? Love this new image!!