Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Miracle Grow

Hi everyone!  Well I talked to my boss yesterday about the deer.  He said the deer got a bout of diarrhea, so he put it in a pen by his house (which is next door to the office I work in).  He wanted to give it time to improve and take to bottle feeding before he had it right outside my office for me to feed.  I was going to go take some pictures after work, but I had a bank deposit I had to go make before the bank closed so I didn't get  a chance.

While I was driving to the bank on my way home I had a policeman behind me.  There was a big wide load trailor a few cars ahead of me going about 15 miles below the speed limit which was very irritating.  Anyway, the policeman suddenly whipped on his siren and lights and went around us all.  I was thinking to myself that he just wanted around the slow moving trailor and how unfair that was.  Anyway, I round a bend and see a huge plume of black smoke!  A little further down the road and the policeman has blocked the road and made me take a detour.  Turns out a fireworks store was on fire. It was a pretty big fire, I'm sure their business was totaled.  Pretty sad since it's coming up on their busiest time of year!  And of course, I then felt bad for thinking the worst of the policeman!

I have a card today that uses Noah's Big Flower.  It's a new image from Cheryl Alger, and I think it's adorable.  I think he'll win the prize at the county fair for growing this huge flower!  He must use Miracle Grow!


I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky.  I printed the sentiment out on some card stock and then die cut it with a cloud shaped die.  Then I chalked the edges of the cloud too.  The sentiment is from an image by Lynne Stansbery called TLC.  One thing that bothers me about my coloring on this is that I started coloring with my light source coming from the right, so all of my shadows are on the left.  Then when I got to the flower center I realized she had a built in highlight on the left, and I shaded that accordingly!  It totally throws off my intended light source and makes it look unbalanced, but oh well!   Lesson learned - study the image a little before coloring!

9 comments:

Scrappy Scatty said...

Ohhhhh what a fab image so very cute love the bright colours xx

Linda W. said...

Love this card - definitely grown with Miracle Gro (w)!! :)

Maria A. said...

Aww!! this is super cute, love the colors, wonderful card for Mom's or Grandma's birthday!! Thanks for sharing it.
Maria Rodriguez.

bumblebee creations said...

poor baby deer!! Love your coloring on this gorgeous image!! And the sentiment is just perfect!

Tammy said...

I think your coloring is perfect! Don't sweat the small stuff!! Fabulous card and super cute image!

Carolyn Cochran said...

I absolutely Love the colors on this card and all the patterns! Adorable!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Holly, I like the sweet image, the papers and the embossing,
Kevin xx

seau said...

Hi Holly, thanks for sharing an adorable card. What embossing folder did you use? I hope the deer gets better.

Stef H said...

boy! life is sure exciting in your neck of the woods!!!!

cute card. you always pick great colors!

hugs :)