Friday, June 28, 2013

News, pictures, and a card of course!

Well, I am really sorry to tell you that the little deer died yesterday.  She just didn't take to the bottle very well and my boss was basically having to force feed her, and even at that he could only get a few ounces at a time in her.  Poor thing.

The baby birds are doing well though.  I snapped a couple of pictures of them waiting for their parents to come feed them.



I'm really having to watch Riley now because she knows they're there now.  She goes after the parents as they fly in and out.  Baxter couldn't care less.

It was so hot yesterday, but that was good for business!  It kept the phone ringing constantly.  I really feel sorry for these people who are without air conditioning.  I left work a little early so Brock and I could go see our attorney.  It's time to update our will and do some estate planning.  We probably spent about an hour there, and now we have lots of paperwork to look forward to!

I got my chili pad all set up yesterday and cooled it down to about 50 degrees.  You can set it to come on at a certain time so that the temperature will be perfect when you're ready to go to bed.  Once on, it stays on for 12 hours and then shuts off, but you can manually turn it off or on again.  I have to say that I love it!  I slept so much cooler and didn't wake up to stand in front of a fan.  

Now, let's get to the card I have to share today!


This beautiful rose is an image by Pamela Lehto.  It's called Rose and Bow.  I colored it with copic markers. I added the die cut on the side along with a brad to make it look like the card opens there, but it's a fake closure - the card opens in the normal fashion.

I hope you have a great weekend and get lots of crafting time in!


9 comments:

Tammy said...

Very sad here after reading your post but your card is beautiful. The rose is so pretty and the orange just pops!

Stef H said...

awwwwwwwww holly! i'm sooooooo sorry about bambi! how sad! but the birds are just too cute. see, when one door closes.....

estate planning is ALWAYS good. i was glad both hubby and i had/ have everything in order.

hope you enjoy your chili pad. it's FINALLY cooling down here. yay. i think you're rubbing off on me... i'm starting to like the cold much better!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Lenoria said...

Hi Holly,
I'm sorry to hear about the fawn. I would love to hear more about the chill pad, it might keep my husband from freezing me! Your card is beautiful and I love the flap, it is such a great idea!!

Maria A. said...

Ohh!! It's so terrible that little fawn died, maybe taken him to a Wild Life Rehab Center could have been a good idea. Sometimes we feel the need to try to help this poor animals that, for one reason or another, come into our lives so unexpectedly and, regardless of what we do to help, they just can't make it. We had some really bad storms blowing by our neighborhood on June 12th. and I found a Robin's nest on the floor with a baby Robin in it. It had feathers already but it was still a baby. I tried to feed him but he just wouldn't open it's beak for me so, I called my vet and she gave me the phone of a Rehab Center here in NW Indiana, I called and took the little bird. They care for the animals and then, reintroduce them into the wild again. It was hard to leave him there but I totally recognized I was not suitable to care for him properly. Again, I'm so very sorry for what happened.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Holly. So sorry about the little deer.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful card; sad for little deer tho. Yesterday we were walking our trail and came across a huge doe eating out of one of our bird feeders; today we saw her again in another area; undoubtedly she's dropped her fawn in our woods. Can't wait to catch a photo of them on our wildlife camera.

Sue H said...

Hey Kelly,
It is great when people like yourself try to help the wildlife that has been injured! I'm so sorry you guys lost the deer. My heart goes out to you! The birds are really neat!
Your card is very pretty and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message! I couldn't get the pic to size properly, so don't they stay bigger is better? (smiles) SueH.

bumblebee creations said...

so sad about the baby deer! I love your card Holly--that orange paper is just perfect, love the image!

Reflections from Granny said...

I'm so sorry about the baby deer, glad the baby birds are doing well.

Your card is just beautiful and love that sentiment.

Hugs, Lori m