Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Old Friends

Hi everyone!  I hope your week is going well so far.  Not much news to tell, so I'll just get right to my card.



This is an image available at Squigglefly called A Friendship Built On Time.  It comes with a sentiment different from this one.  It's a lovely verse, but I went with a more simple sentiment and computer generated this one.  The image is drawn by Lynne Stansbery.

I colored the image with Copic markers, and I chose colors after picking the designer paper so I could kind of match them.   Looking at the card now I think I need to add some kind of embellishment near the sentiment - maybe a flower or something?  I always seem to notice more things about the card once I've uploaded it.  I wonder why that is.  A friend of mine once told me that when you make design changes to a room to take a picture of it and you will see more in the picture if you like it than you will just looking at the room.  I guess it's the same concept with cards!

Hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

Niki said...

Great coloring. I especially like how the dresses show off the variations as they fall from the waists.

I a layer kind of girl, I'd probably put a pink layer under the sentiment instead of a flower.

Faith A said...

Oh! LOVE this, and the sentiment. Great colouring too.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
This is so sweet and adorable. Your coloring is wonderful! I have to tell you that when I was a kid, that everyone wore head scarves at the time - especially in the winter. My Mom would put a heavy scarf on my head and then put on my hood - geez! And, ladies that just got their hair styled would come out of the salons with silk scarves on their heads! I'm not really sorry they're not used much!

Tammy said...

I love your card just as it is, it's perfect! Wonderful coloring!

Stef H said...

so true, but i hope i never get that old - LOL.

fabulous card!

hugs :)

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I am super behind catching up on your cards - don't know what happened! You have been making some awesome things and this card is probably my favorite. Your coloring is awesome and that image is wonderful and heartwarming. Hugz!