Thursday, June 6, 2013

Purple Petunia

Hi everyone!  Yesterday was my anniversary.  I can't believe that we've been married for 37 years!  He did the sweetest thing and bought me a new monitor/tv for my computer.  The only trouble is that he got one that is huge - it's 39" and reading my e mail was like watching a tennis match up close - I was constantly turning my head as I read!  I thanked him, but told him I was happier with my other monitor so he returned it.  We will be celebrating our anniversary by going out to eat somewhere we both like over the weekend.  

The card I'm sharing today is one I started before our floor renovation got started.  I was finally able to sit down and finish it on Sunday.  I love this image from Cheryl Alger called Petunia.  She is so cute and has such a mischievous look on her face!  


I used Copic markers to color the image with and went with my favorite color purple!  I was sorry that I chopped off some of the bow when I cut her out with the nestabilities die, but it's not too bad.  I haven't thought of a sentiment I want to add just yet.

My boss got a bunch of baby chicks a couple of weeks ago.  They are so cute!  He has them all in a box in the shop right outside my office door.  I check on them every now and then.  The other day I thought that several had died, but realized that they were only sleeping.  I had no idea how chicks sleep!  I thought they would sit like hens do on nests, but they actually fall over with their legs thrown out behind them and their heads on the floor - some actually don't have their heads turned and they are face down with their beaks holding their heads up.  It's so funny to see.  Did you know chicks slept like that?

You've still got time to play in Squigglefly's Summertime challenge!  Last I checked there wasn't a possible winner, so go play and maybe you'll be the luck one!

5 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh I did not know that about chicks; wonder if all baby birds do that. Love the card Holly - and found the story about the monitor funny! That's bigger than our TV set! Glad he was understanding......happy belated anniversary!

Stef H said...

1st... wishing you a truly blessed anniversary! 37 yrs! wow!

yeah, i have a 21" monitor and even that's too big. however, you DO get used to it.

super cute card and funny chick story! i probably would have tossed them - LOL.

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card, I love the look on her face.

I did not know that chicks slept like that so I learned something new today.

Tammy said...

Wow, congratulations on your wedding anniversary and many more! Your card is just too cute, love the demonic look Petunia has, wonder what she's up too! Thanks for the lesson on baby chicks, I'd have thought they were dead too!

bumblebee creations said...

OH my goodness--that is such a long time to be married--A huge congrats goes out to you--it is so nice to hear that now-a-days!