Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Long and Short of It

Hi everyone!  Well I was sure disappointed yesterday because I didn't get to see the baby deer at all!  My boss was not around so I didn't get a chance to ask about it.  I do hope it's okay!  Hopefully I'll get some answers tomorrow.

I've got a cute doggie card to share with you today.  This uses a new image from Fawn Palmer, and has to be one of my favorites!  It's called A Lap Dog.  


I colored the image with Copic markers; except for the floors and wall which were chalked.  The sentiment comes with the image.  I tied a little brown yarn around the side and added a fun dog bone, and then turned the top corner down and added a dog paw print brad.  

Squigglefly has a new challenge up and going on their blog this week.  It's a fun one and the design team was so creative in their cards!  Go check it out HERE!  I'm entering this card into the challenge - I used a long piece of yarn and a short dog is in the image!  I hope you'll play along too.


12 comments:

Maria A. said...

WOW!! what a super cute stamp and card, the sentiment is so very true. Love that little bone on the corner, is it a brad?? can I ask you where you got both the bone and the paw print brad? They just finish this card perfectly.
Maria Rodriguez.

Linda W. said...

Love your card Holly! That is a really popular image - so versatile!

Tammy said...

I'm with you when it comes to favorites! Wonderful card and the sentiment is gospel truth!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

He he! This image sure is perfect for the challenge. Love that cute card you made with the doggie bone. So Adorable.

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Holly, I like the adorable image,the papers the sentiment and the bone.
Kevin xx

bumblebee creations said...

how cute Holly--love how you have bent down one corner!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
This image is so perfect for puppy lovers!! The biggest puppies always think they're lap dogs! Your card is adorable and colored wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

This is a really great card.
Reminds me of our house some years ago when we had a large and small dog, definitely fight time when the big one wanted to get on hubbies lap lolol
Your colouring and choice of stamps is great.

kaye G

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute and a perfect image for the long and short of it challenge.

nwilliams6 said...

Fab card Holly! That image makes me smile and laugh every time! I have had several experiences with large dogs getting in my lap - not quite as large as that one but close. I think I will have to get this image. Great idea to chalk the bg and I love, love, love your paw print and bone embees. Hugz - lots of them!

Faith A said...

Fab card with a true sentiment

Sue H said...

Love your card! Makes me smile this morning! Great card.