Friday, June 21, 2013

What's Cookin'?


Hi everyone!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I had a card and everything, but time got away from me and before I knew it I had missed posting!  Oh well, this just means you'll have a card from me tomorrow instead!

Here's the card I was going to post yesterday.


The image is a new one from artist Fawn Palmer, and it's available at Squigglefly.  It's called
  A Chef's Fan, isn't that a cute title?  I used Copic markers to color the image.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I embossed the background and then added a little swirly die cut.

Yesterday my boss was given a baby deer!  He was leaving to go pick it up when I was leaving work, so I'm excited to get to work today to see it.  He said he'd have to have me help bottle feed it while I'm here during the day.  As if that would be something I'd say no to!  He used to have a pet deer several years ago, and I've seen the pictures of it with their family just like it was a pet dog or something.  I will take pictures to share with all of you too.  The little baby chicks are bigger now and have been moved to their pen with his other chickens.

Today I go back to the doctor to have the appointment that was cancelled on me earlier this week.  I'll be glad to have that out of the way - but at least I'll get off a little early!  There's still plenty of time to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge - and so far there's no winner!


5 comments:

Linda W. said...

Ummmmmm Holly - anytime you want a vacation just tell your boss I'll be right there! You have one of the very best jobs in America! And I love your card DEER!

Tammy said...

So cute Holly! Love the wonderful image and great sentiment! Enjoy the baby deer, hope you take pictures!

Stef H said...

super cute card. makes me glad neenah doesn't do that - LOL. she's not a beggar per se. she'll just lay on the floor and look at you with very sad eyes. doesn't move me. poor puppy!

a deer for a pet? really? yikes.

hope all turns out well at the docs.

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

super cute Holly!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the new image - Fawn has some really precious stuff. Your card is great with the super colors and great coloring. Hugz!