Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A challenge card

Hi everyone!  Yesterday the Squigglefly Design Team blew me away with their post!  I was so surprised and so very touched by all of the wonderful cards they made for me!  If you haven't been to the blog, jump on over there and you'll see what I mean!  

Today I'm showing you another card I made over the weekend - this time for the Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  The card I chose to case can be seen HERE.

For my card, I used one of Squigglefly's newest images by Fawn Palmer called Just Flying By.  It comes with the sentiment and has three different endings you can use on the inside of your card.  

I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky.  I then added little tri-dots of blue stickles and a small butterfly.  I added the little dots because they were in the card I was CASING, but once I added them I didn't really like them there that much.  I guess they do add a bit of sparkle, but not much else.  I really liked the ones on the card I CASED though!

Yesterday was a scorcher and today is supposed to be more of the same.  I have to say though that this kind of weather is sure good for business - my phone rang off the hook at work yesterday!  I hope you're staying cool!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Sweet card and super cute image! Hope you enjoyed your day!

Linda W. said...

Darling card - love the play on prints Holly!

Carolyn Cochran said...

Adorable!! ummm I like your digi!! :o)
Carolyn

Faith A said...

Love the colours and summeryness of this card