Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cone Flowers

Hi everyone!  I hope your week is going well.  Tomorrow I will be leaving town with one of my sisters.  We will be going to visit our other sisters for an extended weekend.  I'm not looking forward to the drive, but I am looking forward to the visit.  I do plan on having tomorrow's post pre-scheduled for the Shy Bear blog hop we will be doing, so please stop by!

Today I've got a card using some beautiful Cone Flowers drawn by the very talented Diana Garrison.  I love cone flowers and enjoyed coloring these.  The sentiment is from a new artist that just joined Squigglefly, although she is not new to Squigglefly at all - Charlene Mitchell, one of Squigglefly's design team members has started submitting some beautiful word art!  This sentiment is part of a set of three called Thinking Of You.  


This was colored with Copic markers and the sky was chalked.  A very simple card, but so enjoyable to make!

I will be traveling back home on Monday, so I'll see you on Tuesday!  Please have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Linda W. said...

Echinacea are one of my fave flowers! Charlene is awesome!! Beautiful card Holly and have fun!

bumblebee creations said...

Have fun and drive safe! Enjoy your sister time, see you when you get back!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and beautiful coloring! Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with family!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the way you did the flowers with the sky in the bg - really shows off the flowers and great colors on the flowers and leaves. Wonderfully done. Hugz!