Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm Back!

Hi everyone!  I hope your weekend was a good one.  I got back from my trip late yesterday afternoon.  We had a good visit, but it was good to get home.  I had been worried about Baxter.  I was afraid he would think I had abandoned him or something.  The first night away I asked Brock if Baxter started looking for me at the time I usually get home from work, and he said "He's acting like everything's just normal."  I was glad that he wasn't worried with me away, but it kind of hurt that he wasn't missing me!  When I got home though, he more than made up for it with doggie kisses and tail wags!

Here's a card I made last weekend while I had time.  This one uses a flower from Flower Friends by Michelle Bertuzzi   I had been surfing some galleries at Splitcoast Stampers and ran across a card made by Vicki Parson that I liked, so this card is a CASE from that.  Unfortunately, I didn't save a link to the card!  



I printed the image in a little smaller version a couple of times directly onto the card.  The main image was printed out larger and then cut out.  It's colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is computer generated and the paper is some really pretty purple mulberry paper that I've had in my stash for years.

I'm sure I'll have a load of work waiting for me when I get to work this morning, but that will only make the day go faster!  I hope your day is a fun one!  Remember to check out Squigglefly's new blog challenge!

6 comments:

Stef H said...

sounds like your weekend was great! absolutely LOVE the card. gorgeous flower! i bet brock lied about baxter not missing you - LOL.

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Glad you are home safe and sound and that you had a good trip! Wonderful card, the flower is positively gorgeous!

Linda W. said...

Happy to hear this Holly! your card is beautiful!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Holly, I like the flower image and the purple mulberry paper.
Kevin xx

bumblebee creations said...

wow--this is just gorgeous--I think I may have to case this one too!! such pretty colors and love the mulberry paper under the gorgeous flower!!

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Wow Holly, I love how you printed the image on the base and printed a bigger one to create a beautiful dimension on your card. Beautiful coloring too! That mulberry is a great accent too - love it!