Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Quilted warmth

Hi everyone!  Good news on the dog front - Baxter got weighed at the vet's office and has lost about four pounds so far!  We were all really happy and the vet was proud of us.  He's still got about 6 more pounds to go.  

This Saturday Squigglefly will be having new images hit the store. One of them is a set of two quilt sentiments.  I decided to make a few cards using the sentiments, and I paired them with one of the wonderful quilts in Diana Garrison's Quilt Set.  This set comes with the image I used here as well as another quilt using larger squares, and a really cute quilted heart.  



This image is so relaxing to color.  You don't have to worry about shading or anything, and it's fun to pick different colors for the different patterns.  I was just going for bright!   On the first one I printed the sentiment out and just attached it directly to the card.  

On the next two, I printed the sentiment out on vellum and wrapped it around the card.  I like having the colors of the quilt show through.





Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

8 comments:

Linda W. said...

How cool (warm!) of a quilt, Holly! You colored it beautifully!

Lenoria said...

This is beautiful! I love quilts, they always remind me of my Mother, she was a quilter and could always make something beautiful out of practically nothing.

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the colors of the middle card. I like the sentiment on the last cards, that is so true.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Good news for Baxter. Maybe I should come to your house and you could help me with my dieting!! I am loving your cards - all beautiful. I have a friend who is a quilter and will need to buy these sets to make some cards for her - she will love, love them!!!

Tammy said...

Way to go Baxter, great news! Your cards are absolutely outstanding! Wonderful rainbow of colors and perfect sentiment!

bumblebee creations said...

these are gorgeous Holly!

nwilliams6 said...

These are wonderful! I love these quilt cards - so heartwarming and sweet. You did a fab job on each one! Hugz!

Charlene Mitchell said...

I love all of these Holly! The bright colours are gorgeous and you have really shown off the images!