Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Shy About Your Birthday?

Hi everyone!  Are you ready for Independence Day tomorrow?  I am certainly ready to have a day off with nothing to do other than what I want to do!  With this wonderful cooler weather we are having, we will be able to go see the fireworks and not melt away!  

Squigglefly's design team member, Charlene Mitchell has been doing lots of cards with Shy Bear images for a dear friend.  Her friend loved the Shy Bears and she asked Charlene to make a bunch of cards for her - using any image and any theme.  Charlene has been posting some fabulous cards.  Here's a link to her blog in case you've missed them - just scroll through and enjoy!  

Unfortunately, Charlene's friend recently died unexpectedly and never got to see the cards Charlene was making for her.  Charlene wants to have a special blog hop to honor her friend and lots of the Squigglefly design team will be doing just that on July 12th.  We are all going to use Shy Bear images because that's what Melissa loved!  I hope you'll mark your calendars to come to the hop!  

Anyway, while I was looking through all the Shy Bear images, I found so many that I loved that I couldn't just do one!  This one is called Birthday Bear.  All of the Shy Bears are drawn by 


I paired it with Birthday Wishes by Jess Holland.    I just changed the color to purple before printing.  The image is colored with Copic markers and I added some yellow stickles to the top of the party hat.

With all of the purple in this card, I could probably enter it in the Purple Passion challenge at Squigglefly, but I've already entered one card - why don't YOU go play?  There's still plenty of time!

7 comments:

Lenoria said...

This is beautiful, Holly. I love how bright the colors are together!

Tammy said...

So adorable! Love the purple and yellow and the cheerful DP! Great card for anyone's birthday! Have a safe holiday!

Carolyn Cochran said...

I LOVE all the purple and the stripes-really sets off the bear!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Holly, I like the sweet image, the bright colours and the buttons.
Kevin xx

Desire Fourie said...

Just precious. Love the unusual colour combo and the buttons is a nice touch.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

bumblebee creations said...

love this card Holly and can't wait to be part of the hop for this special lady!!

nwilliams6 said...

So sweet - these Shy Bear images are the cutest things and your card is sooo cheerful and sweet Holly. Love it. Hugz!