Friday, July 12, 2013

Shy Bear Blog Hop!

Hi everyone!  Today Squigglefly is having a very special blog hop dedicated to  Melissa Chettle and her son Justin.  Melissa was a friend of Squigglefly Design Team member, Charlene Mitchell.  she died very unexpectedly at the end of June, at only 43 years old! 
 Melissa loved the Shy Bears, and had asked Charlene to make a bunch of Shy Bear cards for her which you  may have seen on her blog posts.   Unfortunately she never got to see and enjoy the cards.

Charlene wanted to honor her friend with this blog hop of Shy Bear cards, and many of the Squigglefly design team have joined in this celebration of Melissa today.  Charlene has listed more information about Melissa on her personal post.   If you get lost on the hop, just check out the order on the Squigglefly blog.

For my card, I have chosen Snail Mail Shy Bear.  I'm sure Melissa was going to send out her Shy Bear cards to friends and family to brighten their day, so that's why I chose this one.


The sentiment comes from a Squigglefly image called Pretty Little Piggies by Lynne Stansbery  who is also the artist of all of the Shy Bear images.  The image was colored with Copic markers and the sky was chalked.

Enjoy the hop, and be sure to comment on all of the cards in the hop because there will be a prize given to one lucky person!  Here's the blog hop order so you don't miss any!

Holley  
Nancy  
   Carolyn    
         Holly  (you are here now)
Pat   

17 comments:

Tammy said...

Just beautiful Holly! Love the colors and great DP you used!

Jennifer Scull said...

such a perfect card for this tribute blog hop, Holly. love that sentiment!

hope you have a good weekend!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Holly, I like the colours the sweet image and the sentiment.
Kevin xx

Donna said...

So bright and cheerful and I LOVE the sentiment!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Holly, I knew I shouldn't go through the hop while I was at work! The image you chose and your reason for choosing it, makes me cry! It is so perfect and so beautiful! The funny thing is, with all the cards Melissa bought from me, it was super hard for her to give them away!! I used to tease her and offer to make just the fronts since she didn't want to send them anyway!!! lots of hugs for your beautiful card and your support with this hop! hugs, Charlene

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I just love the sentiment you used.

wannabcre8tive said...

A lovely card. I love the coloring and the green mailbox.

bumblebee creations said...

ooohhh...I love this card Holly! The saying is one I am gonna have to keep-love it!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

such a sweet card!

Linda W. said...

One of my very favorite Shy Bear images! Beautiful card Holly! I hope you have an awesome weekend with the sisters. :) Linda

Vicki Parson said...

Hello my friend! :) This card is really special and your sentiment really conveys a special message! You know how I adore these shy bears...so I had to hop along too! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Faith A said...

AW! what a lovely gesture and the card is lovely so is the sentiment

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very beautiful, bright, and cheerful. WOnderful work on this blog hop. Cheers, Holley

nwilliams6 said...

Holly, your papers, colors, and coloring are perfect on this card. I love the sketch too. I have seriously become of fan of these Shy Bear images from this hop and last night I even got my Mother hooked on them. Just the sweetest things and you showcased yours perfectly. Hugz!

debbie said...

love this card.. this is what make the shy bears so hard to pick from they are all awesome...

debbie said...

love this card.. this is what make the shy bears so hard to pick from they are all awesome...

Elizabeth Hart said...

So very cute - I'm goint to have to tget that image because the expression is just so adorable - love it!!