Monday, July 8, 2013

Sum Sum Summertime

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a great holiday and that you were lucky enough to stretch it out to a four day weekend like I was!  I really enjoyed the time off and got a ton of cards made - which is a good thing since I'm going out of town next weekend.

The card I want to share with you today is one I made for the Outlawz Paper A la mode Challenge where the theme is Summer.



The image is one of two chairs in a set by Fawn Palmer called Antique Rocking Chairs.  This image reminds me of people sitting out on their porches at the end of a summer's day enjoying a cool night breeze.  Unfortunately, our cooler nights have left us, but it was sure nice while it lasted!

The image is colored with Copic markers and the sentiment was computer generated.  I was humming that song the whole time I made this card!

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog - don't forget to go check it out!  Squigglefly also had a whole slew of new images released over the weekend and the design team will be showcasing them in the challenge!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your card Holly and the soft colors are perfect for the season!

Donna said...

Very pretty Holly. I love the mor relaxed feel of summer. I don;t always get that anymore since I started working full time but your image reminds me of cool evenings on the deck just relaxing. Ahhhh!

Faith A said...

COOL card

nwilliams6 said...

I TOTALLY LOVE that sentiment. What a fun idea and the image is perfect. Relaxes me just looking at it. I have a favorite rocking chair my parents gave me when I was 16 and my Dad finished with me (a million years ago) so rocking chairs are special to me. Great card Holly. Hugz!