Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Life's Short

Hi everyone!  I'm back with another card I made for another challenge.  This one is for the Outlawz Copic Marker challenge which has the theme Read All About It.  I chose to use one of my all time favorite Shy Bear images - Reading Bear.  All of the Shy Bears are drawn by Lynne Stansbery.

I had my image pretty much mostly colored, but when I went to color the ottoman my freakin' pen dripped and left two big ol' blobs of ink on the paper!  I hate when that happens!  



So, I printed out a sentiment and luckily it covered them up with no problem.


I like that you could add a title to the book if you wanted, or label it as a photo album and add a sentiment about memories!  

It feels good to be posting and making cards again.  Here's crossing my fingers that it lasts!
I hope you're staying cool  - it's pretty hard to do here - we had another 100 degree day yesterday and it's supposed to do the same thing today.  Hurry up Fall!






8 comments:

Stef H said...

genius! sheer genius!

great card!

hugs :)

Charlene Mitchell said...

Great cover-up with the sentiment Holly! Would have been a shame to waste that cutie!! Congrats on getting your mojo back - this is fabulous! I love the circles in the background - just enough detail but doesn't take away from Shy Bear!

Niki said...

No mistankes in stamping, just another opportunity for embellishment! Great save.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love shy bear and you have colored him perfectly. I like how you added shading by the lamp. Great job on saving your image with the sentiment.

Loster said...

Your card is adorable! I love the background paper that you used. You inspire me!

Desire Fourie said...

Just precious and the colouring is gorgeous.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tammy said...

Adorable card and wonderful image! So glad the sentiment fixed the drips!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow your coloring is AWESOME on this really sweet card! I totally love it! Many hugz!