Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chow Down!

Hi everyone!  I totally missed posting this yesterday!  I made this card for the Teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers.  This week our cards are going to a fellow teapartier who lost her father.  She loves anything to do with nature, and I thought this funny little snail fixin' to chow down on some leaves would make her smile.  



The snail image is from Denise Clemmensen and is called Hungry Snail.    By the way, Denise has some pretty awesome Halloween images at Squigglefly if you're making Halloween cards!  

The sentiment on my card is from Charlene Mitchell.   This one comes in a set of two - one says Little Hello, and the other one says Big Hello.  You get both for only 99 cents!  Charlene is a card maker herself, and she has made some great sentiments that she knows card makers need!  

As for my card, I colored it with Copic markers and used chalk on the sky.  I used a template for the clouds that my good friend and Squigglefly design team member Carolyn Cochran sent to me.  The original template is from Bev Rochester and can be downloaded here.   

I used a little spiral clippie thing because the swirls reminded me of the snail's shell.  I hope you have a great day!  I'm looking forward to the weather change that is expected to come in this weekend.   It's supposed to get into the forties overnight on Saturday - Yay!  

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

awwwwweee...that is just too cute!!

Tammy said...

Wonderful card Holly, great way to lift one's spirits!

wannabcre8tive said...

Just too cute.

Faith A said...

Such fun, love it, I could send you a few of these chappies from our garden, they are ever so hungry LOL.

Love your Chow Down too

nwilliams6 said...

OM Gosh - another card I missed - I tell you I am not thinking well this month! This card is extra cute! Love the image and the sentiment - sweet, sweet, sweet! Hugz!